Will be the primary customer contact for the bank which includes assisting customers from start to finish in the capacity of Customer Support Agent / Interactive Banker; Processes a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payment in accordance with bank policy and procedures; responsible for managing and balancing cash draw daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answer inbound calls and make outbound calls assisting customers who have questions or comments about their banking products or services.
2. Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
3. Enters transactions into computer and issues customer receipts.
4. This includes but is not limited to bill pay, internet banking, telephone banking, checking, savings, CDs, and mortgage and loan products.
5. Respond to customer questions or comments through emails and other avenues deemed appropriate.
6. Provide individualized customer service of high-standard professional level.
7. Build interest in and promote our products and services offered.
8. Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
9. Determine problems or issues in queries or complaints and proposing solutions.
10. Ability to work with a team.
11. Strong interpersonal skills a must, specifically verbal communication skills.
12. Ability to problem solve and handle diverse people.
13. Maintain calmness under pressure.
14. Must have modest amount of technical skills.
15. Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook.
16. Must have professional attitude.
17. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
18. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
19. ITM transactions are predominantly routine and include basic teller transactions, for example; cashing and depositing checks. (Use computerized systems for customer authentication, information gathering/validation and processing business as usual, as well as exception transactions).
20. Must have good communication skills in a face to face customer environment and be comfortable being on camera at all times, as customers will see the Interactive Banker via video transmission from the ITM to the Interactive Banker’s computer desktop.
21. The Interactive Banker must act as First Guaranty Bank’s face to the customer and consistently seek to delight our customers by demonstrating our Customer Service Standards.
22. Build customer loyalty through courtesy and friendliness, including addressing each customer by name.
23. Ensure bank policies and procedures and regulatory requirements, such as Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act are adhered to.
24. May be required to work weekends and/or evening hours and regular, reliable attendance is critical.
25. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
26. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• Minimum of six months customer service experience.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills
• Ability to work effectively as a team member
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to respond and assist customer with inquiries
• Careful attention to detail and time management
• Comfortable with emerging technologies- virtual customer interactions
• Previous teller/banking/new accounts experience of at least 1 year is preferred
• Ability to identify customer financial needs, goals and objectives
• Ability to identify and mitigate potential fraud and other transaction risk
• Previous cross-sales and/or referral experience
• Technology proficient – strong core technology skills, coupled with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology
• Strong professional presence on camera
• Successful completion of in-house training program.
• Any other duties given by supervisor
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled