Saturday and Sunday 6 am to 6 pm
The Charge Nurse (RN or LVN) will assist in ensuring the provision of quality care that promotes the highest practicable physical, the mental and psychological well-being of each resident as determined by resident assessments and individual plans of care.
- Conduct rounds on assigned residents at beginning of the shift, at least every two hours and upon completion of the shift.
- Conduct rounds with physician and record visits in clinical records.
- Perform narcotic reconciliation with incoming and outgoing shifts.
- Review the 24-Hour Report with incoming and outgoing Charge Nurse.
- Provides and oversees nursing care to assigned residents.
- Identify significant changes in the condition of residents and takes necessary action per facility policies and procedures.
- Supervise aides in performing duties by verifying their assignments have been completed.
- Monitor and sign ADL Flowsheet upon completion of the shift.
- Monitor and assist in meal services.
- Assist in implementing acute care plans as the resident’s condition changes
- initiate and complete Incident and Accident Reports per facility policy.
- Discharge residents per facility policy.
- Prior to calling physician, review Physician Standing Orders for any change in resident condition.
- Must complete Nursing Assessment for Physician Calls prior to calling physician on any change in resident condition.
- Must possess a current Texas RN license and be in the good standing with the State of Texas
- Previous experience working in a skilled nursing facility or long-term care industry is preferred
- Excellent communicator with exceptional customer service skills
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled