Runs an efficient and profitable parts department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all required records.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all parts department staff.
- Maintains reporting systems required by senior management
- Attends managers meetings.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Strives for teamwork within the dealership
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with a manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
- Holds weekly department meetings.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts staff to ensure availability.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on parts
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Manufacturer Training
- Valid Driver's License