Manages and directs the daily operations of the kitchen and function areas. Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation. Understand and support completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Staff, Management and Personnel:
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs for back-of-house. Reviews staffing levels to ensure that the kitchen and function areas (if applicable) can be staffed at all times within the payroll budget allotted.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and effective training of new employees and provide on-going training to insure that service standards and product quality are consistent and maintained at all times.
- Make employment and termination decisions.
- Manages performance of employees and when necessary disciplines according to policy with action steps and feedback as required.
- Insure that all staff are provided with the food knowledge to continuously improve to insure our guests will continue to return again & again.
- Continually strive to develop kitchen staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Insure that Handbook policies, procedures and standards are maintained and followed in a consistent and fair manner.
- Oversee and supervise management team and tasks assigned to them. Provide support and opportunity for continuous productive feedback.
Guest Service and Care
- Be easily accessible to all staff at all times when on duty to enhance the dining experience and work environment.
- Expediently responds to guest inquiries, concerns or complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Fill in where needed in the kitchen to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are upheld
Operational / Financial:
- Schedule labor for each shift as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Oversees the operation of the kitchen’s profitability
- Manage on and off site catering events (if applicable)
- Maintains a positive working relationship with vendors, suppliers and maintenance personnel.
- Ensures all health and safety restaurant policies and procedures are followed.
- Oversees the effective management of all food items, other supplies and all inventories as needed.
- Maintains accurate employee information in a secure system in accordance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
Food and Beverage Planning, Health and Safety:
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and presentation.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen, dining and storage areas. Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- In keeping with restaurant concept is expected to provide ownership with seasonal menu changes and provide accurate quarterly costing(s) of the each menu section
- As assigned by ownership and General Manager, will be expected to complete periodic inventory of entire kitchen stock
- Oversees the timely ordering and delivery of food and other supplies with vendors and distributors to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained at the restaurant consistently.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Review food estimated costs to ensure proper budgeting and cost effectiveness. Works with managers, suppliers, accountant & owner regarding the efficient ongoing and purchasing of restaurant supplies.
- Reviews portion control of food quantities to minimize waste.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Must be ServSafe Certified (Food)
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or management positions.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.