Purpose of Position: The Program Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership to the ministry at Homes for Life. This includes the day-to-day operations, ensuring quality programming and care, licensing and contract compliance, supervision and development of staff, and management of the general operations of the facility. The Program Manager will work with staff and volunteers to create an environment of safety, security, and discipleship for the young men in our care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Child/Youth Care, Development, and Supervision
- Ensure the development and implementation of life skills, education, and discipleship programming to help residents develop skills for success in life.
- Provide supervision of direct child/youth care staff to ensure quality programming and progress toward individual outcomes.
- Ensure both on-site and on-call TCI and CARE support
- Ensure shifts are schedules and covered to provide adequate supervision of the residents in care.
- Care Coordination and Case Management
- Oversee intake, assessment, ongoing care, and discharge planning to ensure that all youth are treated with dignity and respect, receive appropriate intervention and support while in our care, and have appropriate aftercare and support through the transition out of care.
- Develop and maintain relationships with DSS and other area agencies that may provide services necessary to properly meet the needs of Homes for Life clients.
- Work with other assigned staff to ensure all necessary documentation is completed and field for each resident.
- Maintain files and facility such that the program is always prepared for licensing and contract inspections.
- Ensure progress toward established programmatic outcomes including maintenance and reporting of data detailing the program’s achievement of established contract goals.
- General Development and Supervision of Miracle Hill Homes for Life Staff
- Provide leadership to staff in developing appropriate and caring relationships with residents to support children/youth in recovery from trauma, learning life skills, and knowledge of Christ.
- Ensure proper staffing including hiring, scheduling, and staff development.
- Coach and lead other staff in the use of TCI, Trauma Informed Care, and other applicable child care principles.
- Set performance standards and expectations or each shift and staff member.
- Ensure reimbursement for billable serviced and activities.
- Ensure good stewardship in the sure of all resources available to the Homes for Life.
- Physical Plant
- Ensure the proper housekeeping and maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and assigned vehicles.
- Reporting and appropriate follow up on periodic inspections by agencies and MHM.
- Other Duties
- Oversee or facilitate other activities, such as the education al/or life skills programs in conjunction with the community partners, offered to the young men staying at the Homes for Life.
- To represent Miracle Hill Ministries before the governmental entities as needed.
- To represent Miracle Hill Ministries, and particularly Homes for Life, to contributors and the general public through tours, speaking engagements, and public forums.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Education or equivalent experience: a Master's degree in social work or other related areas of study and one year of experience in the management or supervision of child care personnel, a child care program and/or a closely related field; or a Bachelor's degree in social work or other related areas of study and two years of experience in the management or supervision of child care personnel, a child care program or a closely related field.
- License/Certification: Certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention within 90 days of hire.
- Other: Will have satisfactory criminal history and background check determination. (Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check, Sex Offenders Registry check, Motor Vehicle Registration check and a satisfactory determination or preliminary records check application.) Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Knowledge of best practice in residential care preferred. Experience working as a member of a collaborative team.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.