- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work flexible shift (mainly 11 AM-5PM) including weekends and holidays
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Supervises, coordinates, and participates in activities of other kitchen personnel engaged in preparing and cooking foods in the restaurant by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Estimates food consumption, and requisitions foodstuffs.
- Receives and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Selects and develops recipes based on type of food to be prepared.
- Supervises personnel engaged in preparing, cooking, and serving meats, sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meats and poultry for cooking.
- Portions cooked foods, or gives instructions to workers as to size of portions and methods of garnishing.
- Carves meats. Plans menus.
- Keep all food contact areas clean and neat.
- Cleaning duties including emptying trash, sweeping, mopping and washing dishes.
- Receive and store all stock using the proper methods to ensure that the quality and freshness of the items are maintained.
- Apply all sanitation standards when storing and using leftover food.
- Ensure that work area is cleaned and sanitized for the following shift.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must be available for weekend and holiday schedules as well as evening and night shifts. Overtime is frequently required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.