Quartermaster School Instructor 92F/L/W (Fuels and Water)
General: Conduct performance-oriented training using the TRADOC approved Program of Instruction (POI) and in compliance with the TO defined instructor to student ratios, and equipment to student ratios. Duties include:
- Prepare classroom or training areas and pick-up and return training devices as needed
- Perform operator maintenance on training aids and/or equipment
- Train to the industry standard as it conducts classroom / laboratory / seminar / conference / discussion / lecture / demonstration / practical exercise per class training schedule
- Maintain the POI and lesson plans by incorporating lessons learned from specific/relevant training and AARs, doctrine; current and evolving Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) into the POI via Training Development Capability (TDC) or follow-on systems
- Assist in conducting and assessing student critiques to identify strengths, weaknesses, and actions to improve performance
- Schedule and conduct remedial training and student retests
- Maintain and update a class status chart and logs reflecting the number of students in training and class progression
- Review and summarize student course critique, schedule remedial training as needed
- Conduct academic counseling
- Assist in grading written tests
- Assist in grading results performance tests
- Review and grade homework projects, and assist in the preparation of student written evaluation upon student graduation for certain courses
- Assist in the execution during live-fire exercises and course field-training exercises
- Review student news releases
- Review a student's record for progression
- Make entries on student record of training form
- Complete Training Quality Reports and complete reports on students identified as receiving deficient training
- Prepare, process and forward required training records and/or any additional documentation IAW AR 350-1, TR 350-6, TR 350-10, TR 350-18, TR 350-36, TR 350-70, and School/organization’s policies and procedures on student release prior to graduation.
Specific 92F Instructor: Successful candidates will be subject matter experts in military fueling procedures, fuels equipment operation, and troubleshooting. Experienced veterans with a 92F Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) or similar background from the US Air Force or US Marine Corps are preferred.
Specific 92W Instructor: Successful candidates will be subject matter experts in military water purification procedures, water purification equipment operation, and troubleshooting. Experienced veterans with a 92W Military Operational Specialty (MOS) or similar background from the US Air Force or US Marine Corps are preferred.
Additional Skills: The most competitive candidates will possess outstanding instructional and communicative skills (verbal & nonverbal). Instructors must be proficient with MS office computer programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and ensure the ability to access all required training tools.
Education/Experience: HS Diploma (or equivalent) req’d; some college desired. 6 years or more active/reserve military experience in the MOS.
Primary duty location is at Fort Lee, VA.
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly pay plus full benefits pkg
Other: Must be a US citizen and must pass a background check.
Physical: Personnel shall be physically fit and able to perform duties requiring moderate lifting (not to exceed 45 lbs), long periods of standing, sitting or walking, and inclement weather conditions on occasion.
FITT Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation.