Responsible for writing compelling letters of intent and grant proposals to private foundations and corporations as well as key components of public fundraising and government relations. Research foundation, government, and corporate funding prospects; develop and write grant proposals; manage government funding application process; track and acknowledge grants; gather data and write stewardship and metrics reports for donors; and provide direct support to the Development Team as needed.
· Generate a significant portion of a $2.4 million foundation /corporation fundraising goal from institutional sources on an annual basis.
· Manage a portfolio of institutional prospects while researching and identifying new potential funding sources, both local and national; present new prospects and suggest next steps.
· Assist with the cultivation of prospective institutional donors, serve as prospect manager for a portfolio of donors.
· Write, submit, and track grant proposals and reports in Raiser’s Edge, managing deadlines for the Corporate and Foundations Team. Manage restricted and unrestricted grant proposals. Assist with compiling information for and writing LOIs and proposals for larger grants as needed.
· Become content expert on BGCGH programs and expected outcomes. Continuously maintain updated, accurate, high-quality boilerplate proposal language and general information bank for use by Team and others.
· Work closely with the Programs /Operations team to develop meaningful grant proposals, track outcomes, and report on grant results. Communicate reporting requirements to Development, Operations, Finance and Club staff in a timely manner.
· Work closely with the Finance team to develop budgets for proposals, anticipating reporting requirements throughout the grant period.
· Oversee the government funding application process including research, assessment of opportunities, writing, and reporting.
· Provide exceptional stewardship to institutional donors, beyond required reporting, including the development and implementation of regular stewardship mailings, site visits, and other stewardship activities.
· Update fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) with relevant donor information and track proposals and actions.
· Manage communication with Finance and Operations staff to ensure fulfillment of grant expectations and reporting requirements.
· Maintain ongoing communication with Clubs, actively support staff in local grant writing efforts, identify new funding opportunities, and tracking in Raiser’s Edge.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Club activities, programs, and outcomes.
· Assist with events managed by the Development team, and other events as needed.
Other duties as required.
Minimum – 4-year college degree required
- Minimum 4-6 years of grant writing experience, including proposal, report, and budget development
- Proven track record of raising $1M+ annually
- Knowledge of and experience with greater Houston area foundations, public funding and government resources, and institutional donor cultivation/stewardship
- Excellent written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Willingness to accept constructive feedback during the draft phase of the proposal
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and pay attention to detail is critical
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with staff across diverse functions, including Finance, Operations, and direct service
- Capacity to work well independently and take initiative as well as to collaborate with colleagues and work as a team
- Flexibility – candidate should be willing and able to adapt to new and evolving organizational and funding priorities and to work occasional evenings as events and project deadlines dictate
- Commitment to mission
- Eagerness to join a quick-paced energetic development team
- Willingness and ability to travel between Main Office and local Clubs
- Proficiency with Microsoft OS; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Other duties as required
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled