SUMMARY: Executes Catalyst Miami’s neighborhood-based community engagement and social justice advocacy strategies through community outreach and participation, and through support and expansion of new and existing networks of community leaders, local businesses, nonprofits, and other stakeholders in Overtown.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a lead liaison and facilitator to partners in terms of engagement, development, and implementation of the community informed, data-driven advocacy and capacity-building programs and activities that support increased civic engagement in Overtown
- Designs and collaborates on civic engagement activities, outreach, and meetings to prepare community members to become more effective advocates and leverage existing resources
- Develops and sustains relationships with stakeholders, including but not limited to government officials, nonprofit organizations, community-based organizations, advocacy networks, and the faith-based community to further community engagement efforts
- Collects qualitative and quantitative data through surveys, interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, etc with Overtown residents, businesses, and stakeholders to shape Catalyst Miami's policy priorities.
- Keeps the community informed regarding Catalyst and United Community Voices’ work in Overtown.
- Assists with the preparation of grant applications and reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
This position does not directly supervise employees.
- Experience in community work or community centered activities in Overtown.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be flexible, diplomatic, and a team player, with the ability to work and produce in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours and be accessible in the evening and weekend.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English
- Education: Associate’s Degree
- Years of experience: 2
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms
- Other skills required: Network theory
- Customer service orientation
- Promotes products and services
- Inspire & motivates
- Team player
- Develops talent (self)
- Articulate vision and understands the big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of the comfort zone
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical/critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift weights of up to 25 pounds
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at the desk for long periods of time and utilize the computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate project needs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.