Division Name / Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA or Bengaluru, India
Department Name: Automated Driving Systems (ADS)
Supervisor Title: AI Manager
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
HAVAL is developing a research team whose mission is to design and develop an autonomous research system capable of autonomous driving on pre-defined routes without the need for driver intervention, that would support future productization of an SAE Level 4 automated driving.
The primary responsibility of this job is to work with a team of engineers to develop and deploy machine learning algorithms for autonomous driving. The Artificial Intelligence Engineer will interface with other subsystem teams involved in the ADS development including perception, simulation, mapping, behavioral and motion planning to develop a safe and robust driving system.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Algorithm development (Classification, segmentation, tracking): Develop and integrate algorithms in Tensorflow and Caffe in Python and C++ environments.
- Front-End (Data ingestion): Develop wrappers to ingest public/private ground truth data.
- Research deep learning approaches: Develop and integrate deep learning algorithms for transfer learning (Simulated<=>Real Data), end-end reinforcement learning for control. Additionally, develop deep learning techniques for tracking, localization and behavioral planning.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Master’s degree in computer science/engineering, mathematics, robotics.
- Developed a CNN/RNN or LSTM in a deep learning tool (Keras, Tensorflow, Caffe,Torch, ..).
- C++/Python programming experience.
- Experience with a computer vision tool (OpenCV) and algorithms.
- Can provide a sample code of previous work.
DESIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- PhD in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, robotics.
- Experience with Reinforcement learning algorithms
- Experience with ROS middleware in Linux.
- Experience with 3D vision (PCL).
- Experience with cloud processing (AWS, Google Cloud, azure).
- Build and configuration management (Cmake, Git, docker,..)
- GPU optimization.
- English fluency, verbal and written
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of the time, description, nature of service):
- Typical office environment. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.