Department – Kitchen
Job Title – Breakfast Chef
Reports To – Executive Chef
Position Summary – Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining and cooking ingredients; maintaining equipment, inventory, and a sanitary kitchen.
- Plans meals by analyzing recipes; retrieving and ordering ingredients.
- Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste.
- Completes meal preparation by grilling, sautéing, roasting, frying, and broiling ingredients; verifying doneness and taste; assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
- Presents meals by placing and arranging hot and cold elements using plates, dishes, bowls, and baskets.
- Maintains a sanitary kitchen by adhering to state and local sanitation, storage, and refrigeration requirements and codes; cleaning equipment.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3 years Breakfast Cook experience required
- Broiler, Sauté, and Garde Manger skill required
- Knife and Sanitation skills required
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Must be Creative
- Must be Diligent
- Must be Organized
- Must be Punctual
- Must be Dependable
- Must be Self Motivated
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand and be active for no less than 8-10hrs a day
- Must be able to withstand high temperatures in work environment