Packaged Stocker Job Description
Position: Grocery Stocker/Collective Member
General Description: Stock groceries. Assist customers with locating product. Answer questions and share product knowledge with customers. Stock incoming orders. Read and check off invoices (AM shifts). Communicate with department members. Participate in department and collective meetings.
Hours: 20-40 hours/week; 8 hour shifts scheduled between 5am and 10pm, including weekend
Desired Experience: Grocery and warehouse experience a plus. Multilinguism a plus.
- lifting up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion
- fronting and stocking products on shelves, which involves repeated pushing and pulling of units up to 10 pounds
- being able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours at a time, excluding breaks
- able to easily converse with customers
- able to read English sufficient to understand product labels
- use a handtruck, ladder and/or stepladder
- basic arithmetic
- work in a cooperative environment
- participate in the improvement of the department/coop by attending meetings, subbing, volunteering for tasks, etc.
Other Responsibilities & Qualifications
- communicate with co-workers both verbally and in writing
- give and receive constructive criticism
- attend department and membership meetings
- count inventory for at least four hours January 1st and June 30th
- willing to participate in collective process
- self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- organized and dependable
We are seeking to employ individuals who will help reflect the community we serve. Women, People of Color, Lesbian/Gay/Bi/Trans people, and seniors are encouraged to apply.
Wages and Benefits:
Starting pay is: $18.96/hr; potential increase at 3 months and at 9 months. Full medical/dental/vision insurance for full-time workers (27 or more hours/week) after completing 3 months initial measurement period; 401(k) retirement plan; 8 paid holidays; pay for time off (vacation, sick and personal days); potential profit sharing (“patronage”) upon becoming a member-owner of cooperative (vast majority of workers have become members in first year).
We reserve the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment