About Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making a difference.
About Project Manager, Construction:
Atlantic Housing Foundation is seeking an experienced Project Manager, Construction who is interested in joining a high-performance Development team at the epi-center of transforming multi-family assets and communities throughout the U.S. He or she will report directly to the Director, Development and Construction. The successful candidate will be responsible for national support for new and rehab asset construction across our entire portfolio throughout the US. The successful candidate must have a passion for providing world-class support for our development, construction, and on-site property management teams by collaboratively working across various teams while consistently modeling AHF’s core values and mission.
As a Project Manager, Construction your primary objective is to ensure projects are delivered on schedule and on budget. This will be accomplished through the following responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Monitor and track project schedules, budgets, and finish quality from project closing to final completion while reporting completion of critical milestones.
- Use software or develop tracking to populate and generate project-specific reports that identify issues, relevant factors, various stakeholder concerns, eventual outcomes, and recommendations for improvement
- Schedule critical project team meetings at critical milestones including project pre-construction meetings, kick off meetings, construction status meetings, and lender progress requirements.
- Development of weekly project management reports/project financial analysis
- Organize and manage project status reporting to internal and external team members including Development, Accounting, and Property Management
- Review sub-contractors and 3rd party vendor contracts for approval
- Manage communication with other 3rd party vendors, ADA compliance and first-responder compliance.
- Coordinate documentation and project draws throughout the life-cycle of the project supported by company policies and guidelines.
- Manage assembly of rehab scope once General Contractor bids and summary of values are submitted for our review.
- Assist in vetting contractors to be added to the ‘stable’ of preferred vendors.
- Coordinate permitting process and project sequencing to assure compliance and efficiency for project delivery.
- Ability to effectively to communicate and liaison with GCs, municipal officials, sub-contractors, first responders, internal stakeholders on all aspects of the project.
- Coordinate documentation requirements throughout the project adhering to company policies and guidelines.
- Track and manage equipment delivery process including scheduling delivery dates, confirming of permits, etc.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Strong project management expertise gained from 5+ years of experience supporting large construction/facility teams in a project coordinator, project manager, or similar role.
- Experience supporting a multi-state multi-family property management portfolio strongly preferred
- Extreme comfort with basic accounting practices and construction terminology
- Natural communicator with expertise in all types of written communication including project timelines, reports, communication to vendors, etc.
- Proficient working with support software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Adobe, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Design (required)
- 5+ years construction project coordination (required)
- 2+ years development and property management industry experience (required)
- 2 years” experience with Yardi or Yardi Voyager, Tax Credit (preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (preferred)
- Extreme comfort going on-site and navigating through computer-based work
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Volunteer time off (VTO)
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- 401(k) with employer matching
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- Medical, dental, vision, life, employer HSA contributions and supplemental health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- On-site gym, game room, and meditation/relaxation room
- Fun environment & family-like work culture
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled