The ELEMENT BY WESTIN - MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
The Cook position is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for the appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, making the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to a supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Must supply their own basic tools of the trade i.e. Chef’s knife, paring knife, peeler.
- Perform any other duties assign by his/her manager.
PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON AT:
ELEMENT MIAMI AIRPORT
3525 NW 25TH STREET
MIAMI, FL 33142
Element Miami is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled