We are currently seeking a safety conscious individual who enjoys working in a dynamic, ever-changing environment to join our Berm Team as a Berm Monitor at Syncrude Base Mine or Aurora Mine. This permanent position is based in Fort McMurray, AB.
You’ll be able to apply your experience in soils engineering, drill monitoring, and soil description, construction monitoring, QA/QC monitoring techniques, site investigations, foundation inspections, soils and concrete lab testing for a variety of clients. This is a field-based project position, including possible mobile soils and/or concrete lab testing, with varying work locations and schedules which requires close attention to safety and excellent verbal and written communication skills. These permanent positions are located in Fort McMurray and would require relocation. These are NOT fly-in/fly-out positions.
You will take ownership over project execution including safety and quality performance. This includes the prudent monitoring and evaluation of project milestones and costs. You must develop a rapport with new and existing clients by effectively communicating the superior service and results that our teams provide.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a highly motivated individual with creative thinking to become part of an established high-performing hands-on team that continues to expand!
- Soils engineering and earthworks testing
- Performing quality control testing
- Construction monitoring and reporting
- Monitoring, documenting and verifying that the client construction meets design specifications
- Provide client representatives with field and lab testing results, and monitor sub-contractor adherence to design specifications
- Communicate with all parties required when specifications are not met within design and construction documents
- Provide recommendations to the client on options to improve quality and performance
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Mine operations
- Frequent and ongoing radio use to communicate with equipment operators
- This person must be able to work well with others and by themselves under minimal supervision
- A Civil, Geotechnical, or Mining engineering technical diploma or bachelor’s degree
- Preference will be given to candidates with an ASET/APEGA designation
- Preference will be given to those who have previous oil sands experience
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent accuracy and attention to details
- Strong technical background and mining or construction industry experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- The ability to adapt to clients ever changing needs
- The ability to listen and respond appropriately to the needs of clients and employees
- The individual must have demonstrated a strong commitment to safety, for themselves and their co-workers
- The ability to read and clearly understand the project at hand, communicate well, and document all activities related to the project is required
- Ability to drive a 4x4 off road
- OSSA BSO, H2S Alive, & CCIL certification are considered assets
- Field Environment; operations take place on commercial, industrial, and infrastructure project sites
- Lab Environment; operations take place indoors with regular noise exposure
- Driving long distances may be required
- Working outdoors in extreme winter and summer temperatures and conditions
- Up to a maximum of 50lbs of heavy lifting is required
- Rotational schedule including days, nights, and weekends
- Schedule may require being on-call
- Schedule may involve 12-hour shifts
The Company’s Overview and Mission
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.