Job Code 035 Job Title Food and Beverage Manager
Department Food and Beverage - FOH Reports to General Manager
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: Provide restaurant guests with friendly and professional service, excellent food quality, strong price value and consistency of execution in an attractive, well-maintained environment. Creation and development of an annual marketing plan to penetrate new sales opportunities and maximize use within existing markets. Further responsibilities include personnel development objectives and meeting the company's financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Controls the sales and profitability of the restaurant.
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all guests.
- Develops, implements, and monitors restaurant budget; oversees all accounting functions.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops restaurant staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Monitors overall condition of the restaurant, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Establishes and maintains effective revenue management techniques to maximize restaurant revenues; reviews and analyzes financial statements.
- Maintains food and beverage history including but not limited to sales mix and history, actual/potential costs, bar stock, and production time.
- Interfaces with the executive chef to plan menus and pricing review daily specials and 86’d items, and develop menu preparation and implementation.
- Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment; monitors and maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Ensures that patrons’ needs are fulfilled and their dining experience is as pleasurable as possible; responds to guest feedback, including complaints/problems.
- Establishes and monitors standards for the restaurant including but not limited to personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, advertising, and publicity.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to patrons, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure the restaurant is performing at established standards.
- Possesses and maintains through an understanding of the industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure restaurant remains current.
- Ensures all kitchen and food and beverage operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Possesses and maintains a thorough knowledge of all beverage selections available and characteristics/description of every wine/champagne on the wine list and by the glass; all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, presentation, and prices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently work in high, precarious places
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequent evening and weekend work required
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposure to blood-borne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally loud noise
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company:
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.