Corporate Travel Management (CTM) is an award-winning provider of innovative and cost-effective travel management solutions to the corporate, events, leisure and loyalty travel markets. Its proven business strategy combines personalized service excellence with innovative client-facing technology solutions to deliver a return on investment to clients.
CTM was founded in Australia in 1994 and established its presence in North America in 2012. Today CTM is one of the largest travel management companies in both North America and the world, employing more than 2,300 travel professionals globally and providing travel solutions in more than 70 countries.
CTM is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CTD) and is an ASX200 company.
The Marketing Department Vision
The vision for CTM Marketing is to continually elevate the CTM brand and its various business units to ensure ongoing growth in brand awareness and reputation. We look beyond the standard philosophies of a typical marketing department, seeking new and innovative ways to communicate our offering in this hugely competitive industry.
As a global company, adherence to our established brand guidelines and messaging is paramount in driving brand consistency and consumer confidence which in turn delivers growth. That commitment to brand professionalism, integrity, and personality, underpins the success of our business and our people.
About the Role
The role of the Marketing Assistant reports directly to the Marketing Manager – Leisure / Loyalty and works across all the leisure and loyalty brands. With a primary focus on content creation, calendar management, and overall marketing support, the Marketing Assistant is primarily responsible for the implementation of website content, social media management and marketing support in the form of event coordination, print media coordination and internal communications content.
The position is a critical one, in that it will have a direct link to how the market views CTM leisure and loyalty brands and product offerings. The role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and requires a broad skillset spread across the marketing discipline; including branding, communications, digital (web, e-comms, social media) and traditional marketing, and event assistance. Of particular importance is strong writing and editorial skills, as well as demonstrated experience with content distribution channels that include social media and website (CMS).
The role is varied, exciting, challenging and rewarding while working in partnership with a range of internal and external stakeholders. No two days are ever the same!
Under the direction of the Marketing Manager:
- 100% adherence to brand guidelines is required, ensuring that all communications both internally and externally visually conform to brand guidelines
- Basic design skills – utilize basic Photoshop and Canva templates to support branded communications.
- Continually reinforce core marketing principles to all leisure and loyalty employees
- Implementation of digital marketing strategies, including coordinating and measuring social media
- CMS proficiency – responsible for writing and coordinating website content
- Coordinating internal communications featuring marketing initiatives
- Collation of relevant marketing reports across leisure and loyalty marketing initiatives
- Write, edit and curate original content for use throughout various marketing channels (digital, print, eDM)
- Maintain excellent written communication skills (editorial content creation, copywriting and proof-reading)
- In collaboration with the Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Coordinator, develop and implement an annual leisure/loyalty content plan to drive strategic supplier deals and associated travel content via social media
- An acute eye for detail – as a brand champion, the Marketing Assistant/Coordinator must possess a critical eye for detail and exceptional grammatical skills, ensuring all materials in the market are presented with the highest level of professionalism and without flaw
Other General Duties
- Coordinate marketing support for events being held by the leisure and loyalty brands
- Manage the leisure/ loyalty voucher programs
- Ensure a current and robust knowledge of the travel industry and competitive marketplace
- Ensure a current and robust knowledge of CTM’s marketing and technology platforms
- Ongoing acquisition and implementation of best practice marketing skills, platforms and processes through continuous learning
- Participate in meetings as and when required by Management
- Help develop new ideas and innovative strategies that offer CTM competitive advantage in the marketplace; these may be digital, social media orientated, tactical advertising or any other solution
- Conduct day to day business in a form that displays contemporary marketing knowledge and professionalism
- Support Management with any other tasks or duties as and when required
- Supporting all booking and sales incentives through both client and agent marketing
Skills and Experience
Other skills / abilities / characteristics
- Learning - The Marketing Assistant will need to acquire and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the CTM business and the leisure and loyalty travel industries – the ability and intent to learn complex operational models, systems, products and service models is imperative
- Productivity - The ability to quickly grasp opportunities, to critically analyze and consider real and effective solutions to exploit these quickly and efficiently is critical
- Strategic Alignment - The Marketing Assistant/Coordinator will need to understand the vision of the broader business as well as the global and regional marketing teams, and always look at ways to deliver and improve on it
- Professionalism - Always act in a professional manner, and be confident in communicating with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to Details and Projects – Must be able to execute ongoing projects and reports with minimal oversight from Project Manager
In addition to a great work environment, Corporate Travel Management offers a comprehensive range of benefits designed to fit your needs. Some of these include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, with a Section 125 cafeteria plan (pre-tax).
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with generous annual employer match.
- Numerous paid holidays.
- Discounted travel opportunities.