Retirement Center Management has an opportunity for an Assistant Director of Memory Care (LVN) at our Autumn Grove Cottage Pearland location a Memory Care senior living community.
$1,500 Sign on Bonus ($750 after the first 90 days, $750 after 180 days)
The Assistant Director of Memory Care provides leadership for resident care in the community by directing administration of the memory care community under the direction of the Director of Memory Care, as applicable by State law, to promote the health and wellness of the resident population. Responsible for directing the health concerns of each resident including; resident assessments, medication/pharmacy management and resident activities of daily living and personal care needs. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes. Abides by and upholds company core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and leads the resident care team.
- Directs and leads the resident services program.
- Interview, train and evaluate Resident Assistants and Resident Medication Aides.
- Assists in the completion of new hire paper work, monitoring time sheets, and performing medication associate evaluations per company policy.
- On-call duties for staffing and clinical needs. May need to assume the role of Resident Assistant and/or Medication Aide to ensure consistent quality care is provided.
- Provide training, supervision, and monitoring of Resident Assistants in following the resident service plan and completing tasks for the assigned services.
- Initiate resident service plans according to the individualized needs of the resident as prescribed by physician and/or community policy in conjunction with the Director of Resident Care.
- Ensure all daily services are completed by the resident assistants and service plans are updated swiftly when changes are reported.
- Manage the health care of all residents, including the dissemination of information to families, staff, physicians and third-party providers.
- Perform on-site assessments of residents admitted to hospitals or skilled nursing facilities for treatment, and maintain contact with resident’s family and discharge planner with the view to returning to the community.
- Complete pre-admission assessments for each resident and update every six months or as needed with change of condition.
- Meet with each resident on a regular basis to provide health and wellness, check on and answer any health-related questions.
- Review the resident’s medical report prior to move-in to ensure that the community can provide for the resident’s individual needs and that regulatory requirements have been fulfilled.
- Monitors the skin of residents.
- Assesses wounds and obtains physician orders for treatments and interventions working with home health providers.
- Assures ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Assure that all medications prescribed have orders, are available, and are transcribed correctly in the EMAR by auditing the medication records and chart frequently and ensure proper documentation for medication assistance administration
- Maintain ongoing communication with the resident, resident’s family, physician, and pharmacy regarding the resident’s medication needs, etc.
- Be proficient in dementia/Alzheimers resident care.
- Train care staff in activities, life stories, and redirection techniques to better serve the residents.
- Lead for activity program and responsible for maintaining calendar, obtaining supplies, providing training to employees and ensure daily execution of activities
- Ensure staff are participating in activities daily with the residents during their shift
- Work in conjunction with Director of Memory Care and Resident Assistants to ensure the Community has an inviting environment, residents and family members are engaged, and staff are appropriately trained.
- Communicate directly with all employees involved in resident care on a regular basis, including weekends.
- Must take call nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled. May have to cover resident assistant or medication aide duties
- Complete all assigned duties that may change from time-to-time according to resident needs, staffing levels, and working circumstances.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of related experience in senior care or related health programs, preferably in an assisted living or memory care setting.
- Graduate of an accredited LVN program.
- Experience in geriatric nursing, emergency care, first-aid.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a LVN in Texas.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Must maintain valid Continuing Education credits as required by the State.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
- Computer proficiency with electronic medical records, the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn new applications. Experience with Yardi preferred.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills in fiscal clinical management, strategic planning, and program and staff development.
- Ability to work with and supervise others as an effective team builder and team player.
- Skilled at establishing/maintaining working relationships with key staff, marketing contacts, and clinical staff to ensure thorough understanding of RCM services.
- Ability to effectively evaluate performance and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, set priorities, organize work, and make independent decisions.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Important Qualities and Characteristics:
- Demonstrate competence in oral and written communication.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess a positive, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Must be flexible with changing priorities and able to communicate in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Must be flexible in the hours, shifts and days available to work.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check and drug screening.