The Commonwealth Fund for KET, the fundraising unit of Kentucky Educational Television, has the following job opening at its Network Center in Lexington, Kentucky:
Job Title: Corporate Development Officer
Reports To: Director, Corporate Development
· Understand KET’s mission, impact and vision in order to communicate/articulate a case for support. Stay up to date on product knowledge, needs and changing funding opportunities.
· Track and meet monthly and annual revenue goals and expense budgets. Weekly and monthly contact and progress reports expected. Accountability based on fundraising achievement.
· Balance and/or package multiple funding options that serve both the donor’s and KET’s needs and priorities: on-air, digital, event and education sponsorships; grants and capital campaigns.
· Responsible for continuous strategic planning to add new, rejoin, renew and upgrade partners, with an emphasis on regional, state and national companies, foundations, non-profits, government entities, and advertising agencies.
· Using all available resources, gather and research leads to identify viable donor prospects with the interests, values and giving capacity that align with KET.
· In collaboration with other Commonwealth Fund team members, manage a network of personal contacts, a designated portfolio of current partners and prospects, and portfolios for leadership.
· Strengthen partner relationships from initiating cold calls, cultivation, solicitation, closing the gift to stewardship. As account manager, includes writing, designing and presenting proposals; acknowledgments and invoicing. For on-air program partners, facilitate production and traffic processes in coordination with KET staff.
· Expectations include a specified number of face-to-face appointments, contacts and follow-up. Ensure records of activity and research are up to date in CRM and file systems.
· Secure sponsorships for specified events as needed. Could include the coordination and engagement of volunteers.
· Refine sponsorship benefits and work with KET staff to ensure appropriate donor recognition on all platforms.
· Support three Commonwealth Fund boards of directors and their corporate solicitations and initiatives as needed.
· Working closely with KET staff, help reinforce a culture of philanthropy to advance the common goals of the Fund and KET.
· Serve as an ambassador and advocate for KET’s programs and services.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Meet annual financial goals
· Meet specified number of contacts, statewide visits and solicitations
· Maintain up-to-date record of activity and research
· Work products are completed accurately and by deadline
· Maintain positive and collaborative working relationship with all staff, boards and volunteers
· Demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism
Position Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and qualifications, plus a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, media sales or a related field
· Salary commensurate with qualifications; non-commissionable
· Demonstrated success in fund raising, sales or resource development
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Computer proficiency and database management skills
· Self-supporting administrative, marketing and office skills
· Travel and extended work hours expected
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience
CONTACT: Please go to www.ket.org/jobs to apply; e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Position open until filled.
Kentucky Educational Television Foundation Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled