The purpose of this position is to cook adequate and nutritious meals as specified by menus. Must have previous experience working in a facility or healthcare setting
- Handling and preparation of food.
- Meeting meal schedules.
- Provide care for equipment.
- Preparation of food that is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Initiative and judgment in setting up meals, utilizing left-over’s.
- Follow standard recipes, but make independent decisions in line with current experience.
- Cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Hazards of improper food handling.
- Use and care of food service equipment.
- Estimate quantities of food required.
- Prepare food for cooking which includes lifting food products and trays of food which weigh 50 pounds or more to and from the steam table and other surfaces as desired.
- Prepare food according to recipes.
- Plan cooking schedules for readiness at mealtime.
- Work cooperatively with other staff and departments.
- Follow all rules regarding hazardous products.
- Willingness to work for the best interest of the institution.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Preferred previous experience working in a skilled nursing facility
- Knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, and hygienic methods.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more and be able to walk alone, turn, pivot and bend as needed to perform all of the duties listed under “Work Performed” of this job description.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Universal Precautions and the rules that govern hazardous waste
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled