The Sales Representative – Builder Channel will strategically partner with local, regional and national home builders, with the ultimate goal of increased revenues for Fortress Building Products. This is a remote position that will work in conjunction with regional and local Fortress Building Products sales teams to ensure program pull-through with distributors and contractors.
Our Core Values
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovative & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Meet / Exceed sales goals for Fortress Building Products.
- Target, identify and grow the home builder network to ensure specification of Fortress Building Products’ materials.
- Work with Fortress sales teams to drive pull through support with distributors and contractors
- Collaborate with the Fortress Building Products marketing department to develop collateral specifically for the builder channel.
- As the market expert, conduct and report competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence and other sales-related information for the territory.
- Identify and work key trade shows to ensure that Fortress has strong exposure.
- Provide a weekly report to the Architectural Marketing Manager.
- Work national trade shows as applicable.
- Other responsibilities as relevant to position and assigned by manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing
- Minimum 3 -5 years of relevant experience in the construction or building materials industry, with demonstrated success of closing deals with home builders.
- Experience selling multiple product lines, services or solutions to senior level management.
- Willingness and ability to structure productive activity plans from a home office environment with little to no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Ability to design and execute a sales plan to drive intended results
- Driven personality with a “winning” attitude
- Must be a team player with dedication to Fortress Building Products’ success
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight
- Dallas area residency preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled