Sales Manager - Retail
Sales Manager– FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
FAO Schwarz is looking for a dynamic Sales Manager who can help manage our NYC Flagship Store. FAO is over 150 years old and our iconic Rockefeller Center store serves millions of customers each year. Join our team and be part of one of the leading toy brands in the world and grow with us. You will be part of our store management team with the opportunity to have a large impact.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the daily management of the store alongside the rest of our management team. You will report to our Store Director and assist with employee management, merchandising, customer service and ensuring the store achieves its daily sales goals. You will assist in training and developing our sales team so the team provides a world class experience for FAO guests
Our Story so far Founded in 1862, F.A.O Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America’s oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 150 years.
Our Vision is that we passionately curate an ever-evolving World of Wonder brought to life through our extraordinary people, experiences and products to create everlasting memories for all.
We drive quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of children. We are more than a toy store. We are a place where toys come to life.
We have mastered the art of showmanship and grand merchandising, and we are pioneers of crafting the concept of in-store experiences which are driving the future of retail today.
Passion - Do what you love and love what you do.
Engaging - Make the first move.
Integrity - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Collaborative - Support each other, win as a team.
Adaptability - Roll with the Punches!
Driven - Be BOLD and go BEYOND.
Accountability - Own it!
The sales manager is responsible for leading and driving all sales goals and customer service standards across the store through effective leadership of the store team. The sales manager is responsible for all merchandising standards, zone functions and activities and for selling performance. The sales manager will help ensure the team is properly trained to provide world class experiences to all guests.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Model value-based leadership, to create and maintain a positive and engaging team.
- Supports FAO Schwarz Mission, “Creating a experience for Guests of all Ages”, through inspiring communication, integrity and passion for the Brand.
- Drive the Customer Service culture within the store, by walking the store consistently and greeting all customers.
- Teach, coach and train Sales Lead’s in business acumen and executing store standards.
- Serves as Leader on Duty to coach and motivate Team Members while upholding a culture that builds exceptional internal and external Guest Experiences. This is accomplished through in-Store entertainment, Guest Engagement and building an emotional connection to the brand.
- Review weekly and monthly strategy with leads and follow up on all action items and provide feedback.
- Considers impact of actions on individual, team and the organization.
- Supports the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people.
- Understands the role and routine of all direct report to ensure they understand and meet the expectation of their role.
- Execute performance management conversations with team members as it relates to performance and attendance.
- Develop and coach your Leaders to elevate the skills and expertise of the team.
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management.
- Daily walks of all top sellers to ensure in-stock.
- Maintain communication with store team members and lead on all events, projects, and planogram changes.
- Drive the selling culture through coaching and training along with offering to tools that will help them close sales.
- Ensure that store is grand opening ready at the beginning of each shift.
- Consistently walk the sales floor engaging with customers and team members.
- Lead by example while on the sales floor (professional).
- Strengthens others through consistent coaching and feedback while driving productivity and morale of the team.
- Ensure that all zones have the tools to provide amazing customer service.
- Follow up on store appearance, in-stock issues and other tasks that need immediate attention.
- Delegate tasks to team members and follow up to ensure proper completion.
- Ensure that all returned saleable products are returned to the shelves.
- Ensure all demos are in place and operating as scheduled.
- Ensure that all events are prepped effectively.
- Routine check in’s with Facilities and loss prevention.
- Routine checks of bathrooms and other facilities.
- Have knowledge of team members schedules and appropriate zones.
- Store walk with Operations Lead/Manager before opening.
- Handles all escalated issues.
- Conduct Grandstands (Opening/Closing).
- Manage communication for replenishment.
- End of day recap and walk.
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of Sales in retail environment.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability, drive for results, influence for impact, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong knowledge of inventory and shrink mitigation shortage and investigation.
- Ability to move and/or lift push and pull over 25 pounds.
- A sense of whimsy, a nostalgia for toys, and a fondness for the FAO Schwarz brand.
- Proven ability to lead and remain positive, resilient, adaptable, and succeed in a fast paced, public facing retail environment.
- Must be able to work, days, nights and weekends.
- A BIG Smile!
Why You Should Work for Us
- We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment.
- You are never treated like a number or task; you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends.
- Growth opportunities are everywhere.
- Highly competitive benefits.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact Site Human Resource Manager or Flagship Store Director at email@example.com.