child watch Attendant
Job Title:Child Watch Attendant
Reports to: Youth Development Director
Revision Date: 1/18/2017
Provides support to the childcare program. Ensures day to day operations are being upheld and the member experience is the best it can be. values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, while putting safety at the upmost importance.
- Supervises the children in the Child Watch area at all times.
- Engage in safe, fun activities with all program participants at all times.
- Engage fully with parents in a professional manner.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains a clean childcare environment.
- Maintains required program records. i.e sign in/out & participant record.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Be able to change diapers promptly and effectively when needed.
- Must wear a staff shirt and name tag when clocked in.
- (Will be in the ratio on shifts).
- Following up with parents on reported behavior and injury incidents
- All other communicated responsibilities and projects.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.
Lift, carry, push, walk, jog and any other physical demands of the position.
Pay Rate: $8.00 an hour