Job Code 002 Job Title Executive Chef
Department Food and Beverage - BOH Reports to General Manager
Purpose; We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: The Executive Chef will be responsible for driving quality, creatively designing menus, while providing mentoring and leadership to a food and beverage team. The Executive Chef is also responsible for providing a safe working environment in compliance with Up to Par | Taylor Hospitality. The Executive Chef is also charged with maximizing the productivity of the kitchen staff, as well as managing the sous chef and culinary team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Develops and implements creative, innovative, and high-quality menus; reviews and changes menu as needed.
- Oversees all food preparation, production, and presentation; ensures that recipes are followed and preparation and presentation are adhered to consistently.
- Prepares a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and creativity.
- Standardizes production recipes to ensure consistent quality of accepted samples; plans production schedules and supervises production line.
- Manages maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all patrons.
- Resolves all patron complaints related to food.
- Maintains food and beverage history including but not limited to sales mix and history, actual/potential costs, and production time.
- Possesses and maintains a thorough understanding of the industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure the kitchen remains current.
- Possesses and maintains a thorough knowledge of wines offered in restaurant and wine/food pairings.
- Represents restaurant at outside functions as needed.
- Ensures all kitchen and food operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Requisitions and/or purchases all food products; completes food production records and costs menus on a regular basis.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops kitchen staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors the quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and safety regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Graduate of a recognized culinary school or equivalent.
- Five to six years of related experience or equivalent.
- Current knowledge of regional and national trends in food and beverage.
- Thorough knowledge of all food preparation techniques and styles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Charismatic and willing to be a spokesperson for the restaurant.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequent evening and weekend work required
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently work in high, precarious places
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Occasionally loud noise
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company
Up To Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.