We have an immediate opening for an experienced Kitchen Manager who has a passion for delivering awarding winning service, exhibits exceptional salesmanship and understands how to achieve company-wide expectations regarding bottom-line profitability. A kitchen manager is responsible for the overall operations for the back of the house, and the kitchen area of the restaurant. Kitchen managers hire staff, purchase food and stock and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
· Must have outstanding leadership capabilities demonstrated by one’s ability to direct and inspire an entire Team toward achieving award-winning service, revenues, and gross operating profits.
· Responsibilities include oversight and direction of the entire kitchen.
Managing kitchen staff and coordinating food orders, supervising food plating and temperatures.
Establishing portion size, scheduling kitchen staff shifts, and pricing menu items.
Ordering food supplies and kitchen equipment as needed.
Training kitchen staff on prep work and food plating techniques.
Store food products in compliance with safety practices. Keep weekly and monthly cost reporting, following budgets.
Maintain sanitation and safety standards for kitchen.
· Must follow all “Serve Safe” (or like safety) training protocols and requirements as dictated by the local, state, franchise and company.
· · Ensures all BOH Kitchen staff are trained in food safety and loss prevention by virtue of state, local, franchise and companywide standards
Responsible for cleanliness of the kitchen, along with keeping supplies for kitchen stocked.
Responsible for hiring and management of kitchen and waiting staff.
· Foremost, must be able to provide Award-Winning Service by exceeding brand standards be evidence of SALT scores.
· Ability to analyze, interpret and act upon statistical information and data on a daily basis. This would include daily sales, labor costs, food cost, profit margins, inventory controls, and food & beverage purchasing protocols.
· Must be able to drive sales with direct, daily interaction with the Sales Department and all hotel line staff.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to type and write professionally and proficiently.
· Excellent time management, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to improvise and quickly adapt to last-minute requests by the sales department regarding client requests or change orders.
· Ability to work under pressure to achieve Service and F&B sales budgets/targets.
· Confident, self-driven, dynamic and loves to learn. Has a strong ability to take direction and suggestion from others.
· Loves the interaction with the public, extroverted personality – genuine care for others demonstrated by daily interactions.
Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager or Head Chef.
Hand on experience with planning menus and ingredients, and knowledge of recipes.
M3 experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.