The ideal candidate is a hardworking and organized individual who thinks creatively. Must communicate effectively in all mediums and at a quick pace. He or she should enjoy solving problems in a high-pressure environment. Organization and time management skills are vital. A background in hospitality is required.
- 1-2 years of hospitality experience (Serving experience is needed)
Must be willing and able to:
- Complete required training and certifications for the respective positions
- Stand and/or walk an entire shift
- Safely transport items, weighing up to 30 pounds, throughout areas of operation on a slick and uneven surface and stairs where applicable
- Perform in limited physical space with variable ventilation, smoke and extreme temperatures
- Work a variable and flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Refrain from smoking during shift
- Effectively service a 6 table station within 2 weeks of start date.
- Accurately account for and balance all sales and receipts.
- Communicate clearly with the bar and kitchen both verbally and utilizing the computer register system.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Complete all side work when and as assigned.
- Present and encourage current promotional information and materials to guests.
- Accurately account for all guest checks issued.
- Accurately record and account for all items ordered and served.
- Accurately accept payment from guest.
- Secure manager’s approval and signature for any complimentary or voided item.
- Notify guest of any automatic gratuity and/or charges.
- Perform calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Communicate with guest clearly, patiently, courteously and with good humor.
- Perform varied duties to ensure all aspects of service according to standing operating procedure.
We want to hear from you if…
- You embody good vibes
- You have the ability to highly function in a busy environment
- You can multitask successfully
- You are motivated, hard-working and diligent
- You are looking to join not just a team but a family
- You have a passion for the hospitality industry
The TWA Hotel outsources some positions to third-party vendors. By your use of the TWA Hotel’s online job portal, you acknowledge and agree that your résumé and any other submitted documents will be directed to third-party vendors when appropriate — and that hiring decisions are at the sole discretion of those vendors. The vendor will be the sole employer of the individual filling that job position