As Store Manager at Urban Furniture Outlet, you will partner with general manager/ownership and your assistant manager to manage the daily operations of the facility. Ensure prompt and thorough problem resolution to ensure customers experience a top quality shopping experience from start to finish. The store manager is responsible for managing staff on duty to ensure staff is on task and held accountable for their daily performance and achieving store sales and operational goals. This position is for our Dover location.
- Customer Service - Resolve customer complaints regarding sales/service and maintain a high-quality level of service delivered by staff through supervision and training
- Operations - Review sale orders daily, run and process all necessary reports to analyze performance daily, weekly, monthly to measure store performance, set sales goals, and manage inventory and staff needs, oversee the processing of purchase orders/credits from vendors.
- Communication – Effectively communicate store goals and updates on products/services to sales teams regularly through staff meetings, memos, training, etc.
- Marketing Development - Market Urban Furniture Outlet, Inc. to local agencies and prospects to develop leads and business relationships.
- Merchandising - Oversee product merchandising and product placement and efficiency of the showroom floor, analyze stock performance to adjust placement/needs.
- Manage Inventory – manage product supply/demand, make stock adjustments (i.e. as-is to stock, etc) as needed, run inventory checks periodically to ensure accuracy.
- Store Maintenance - Ensure safe, secure, and clean store environment and help maintain quality service, manage store supplies and order as needed.
- Management/Scheduling of Staff - Delegate tasks to sales/warehouse team as needed to ensure proper coverage and task completion, actively manage to ensure staff accountability.
- Staff Development - Participate and assist in the development and execution of training activities. Participate in screening, interviewing, hiring/termination of employees. Mentor and review sales/warehouse team members regularly to meet individual and store goals.
- Perform Assistant Manager’s duties when Assistant Manager not present.
- The manager is responsible for staff, customer care, and facility at all times.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Organized, Good Time Management
- Good Conflict Resolution Skills
- Ability to work well with others, a team player
- Willingness to see ‘big-picture’ when making management decisions
- Computer Competent
- Basic accounting skills
- At Minimum an H.S. Diploma
- 1-3 Years Retail Sales and/or Management Experience
- Bilingual – Spanish/English Preferred
- Previous Furniture Sales Experience Preferred/Not Required