Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives from revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Manage all areas of the hotel in accordance with Franchise Standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provide exemplary performance for staff to follow. Understands and implements the mission statement, values, and culture at all time.
- 3+ years of experience in supervising (at least) six associates at a branded, quality hotel preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in the hotel industry is preferred.
- Experience in accounting is preferred.
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Must have a valid driver's license from the applicable state.
- Knowledge in Housekeeping, Maintenance, and a Food & Beverage operation is preferred.
Work Environment & Context:
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Be available 24/7, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supervisory Skills: interview, hire, train, appraise, document, motivate.
- Entire property, staff services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, and discounts.
- Accounting practices.
- Safety and security measures.
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- All functions, procedures, and policies of departments supervised.
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards, and be up to date on changes, new procedures, and events.
- Train and develop associates through meetings, logs, etc.
- Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative feedback.
- Maintain the organization of supplies and order as necessary.
- Analyze work for accuracy of self and others.
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate a property management system.
- Multi-task, detail oriented, remain service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates, and corporate office support staff.
- Market and promote the property to increase exposure and sales.
- Manage time effectively.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism in maintaining a hospitable attitude.
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training, coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified individuals.
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner: schedules, payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Communicate and document using internal means: logs, email, etc.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor-training program.
- Is responsible for implementing the company’s Standard Operating Procedures at the hotel.
- Keeps Director of Operations promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Responsible for accurate labor statistics and accounts payable.
- Meets and exceeds guest expectations by providing service and teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned or as indicated in the letter of offer.
Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled