REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
DURATION: Spring 2020 Semester: Part-Time and Full-Time options available
The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation uses the sport of hockey to foster academic and personal excellence among at-risk students in Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ. The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Snider Hockey HR Department with projects related to compliance, recruiting, and on-boarding new hires. This position is open to students looking to gain well-rounded experience and exposure in the field of human resources. The internship is conditional on the successful completion of a background check and availability provided during the interview.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct preliminary research to assist the Human Resources Department on updated employment laws and compliance regulations regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining multiple employee databases and personnel files.
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring process, including posting job openings, reviewing resumes, and conducting phone screens.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College sophomores, juniors, or seniors working for earned credits or extra resume experience.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidates should be highly motivated to learn and must have attention to detail.
- Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student.
Pay Status: This is an Unpaid Internship. No financial compensation is available, but students are eligible to receive academic credit.
- Yes / No: Do you have housing in the Philadelphia area?
- Yes / No: Do you have or are you able to acquire Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey Child Abuse Clearances?
Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled