Function – Scope Statement:
The Manager of Operations is responsible for directing and managing the daily operations of but not limited to: programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities coordination, community collaborations and relations, budget development and management, monthly invoices for reimbursement, crisis preparedness, safety, volunteer management, membership recruitment and retention goals.
1. Provide leadership and direction to Site Coordinators for successful execution of annual program goals and tracking of desired outcomes.
2. Develop and implement annual membership and other youth served recruitment and retention plans for assigned sites.
3. With others, ensure that club and school learning environments are clean, attractive, and safe for the youth we serve. Ensure that supplies and materials purchased are approved and appropriate.
4. Assist with the management and effective utilization of volunteers, consistent with organization policies.
5. Support the development of Parent Advisory Groups and Youth Councils and ensure their activities are aligned with organization goals. Serve as liaison to assigned Trustee committees and community groups.
6. Manage financial resources by developing annual site budgets, controlling expenditures, approving expenditures, and recommending purchasing of supplies and equipment within corporate guidelines and budgets.
7. Assist Site Coordinators and Education Directors in effective management of staff performance and coaching. Assist staff in effective management of child and/or parent disciplinary matters.
8. Attend staff meetings and assist with agenda preparation for them.
9. Develop collaborative partnerships with public and civic groups as well as social agencies and local governments. Represent the organization and interpret club objectives and programs for the community at large.
10. Provide reports and analysis in order to support the fund raising, grant, and other compliance requirements as well as other reports or data collection required of Clubs.
11. Assist Site Coordinators with the implementation of food services.
12. Ensure all Visions data is collected in a timely manner.
13. Ensure that all grant data is collected in a timely manner.
Additional Responsibilities May be assigned other special projects by President & CEO.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
2. A minimum of five years’ work experience in a nonprofit or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, with an additional two years’ experience at the Club Director level, or equivalent experience.
3. Thorough knowledge of youth development theory.
4. Demonstrated ability in working with Boards and Community Groups.
5. Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
6. Demonstrated computer competency.
7. Strong, professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
8. Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
9. Ability to deal effectively with members discipline problems as well as parents of members.
10. Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management.
11. Ability to assist in fundraising events and compliance issues related to grant administration.
12. Strong organizational/time management skills with the ability to work unsupervised and to be a self-motivated problem-solver.
13. Must be able to drive and have access to a personal vehicle.
14. Must be available to work evening hours and travel out of town for training and other events as necessary.
Internal: Communicate with Club staff, administrative staff and President.
External: Communicate with Board Members, Board of Advisors, donors, volunteers, staff and general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled