Behavioral Health- Care Coordinator
Job Title: Care Coordinator III
Program Name: Mental Health Services
Work Unit: Northshore Services
Supervised by: Assistant Director NS
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Northshore Services and is responsible for providing care coordinator services to persons served, ensuring that quality outcomes are achieved, preparing documentation and performing related duties as assigned. These duties will be performed mainly in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs services according to service plans. The care coordinators will ensure the following basic supports are provided to meet outcomes in the basic life areas: Independent Living/Basic Needs, Employment, Health/Wellness, Natural Supports/Socialization and Leisure/Recreational Activities.
- Ensure compliance with the weekly performance standards, billing 100 units/25 hours per week for 52 weeks.
- Prepares and completes accurate, timely reports and documentation for billing of services as required by VOASELA, Inc. and regulatory agencies/funding sources.
- Ensures that quality outcomes are achieved.
- Serves as an advocate for persons served receiving services.
- Prepares accurate and timely documentation for billing of services.
- Keeps supervisory staff apprised of gaps in services and assists in efforts to provide needed services.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Care Coordinators are to be available to participants 24 hours/day for crisis support over the telephone.
- Performs home visits and off-site supportive services.
- Providing transportation to consumers as appropriate.
- Conduct strength-based assessment and make referrals to community-based services.
- Provides crisis response and intervention.
- Ensure eligibility of services prior to performing services.
- Maintain assigned up-to-date files and program records.
- Participate in training required by accreditation standards, plus performance and quality improvement efforts. Adhere to Performance, CARF, and Quality Standards.
- Ensuring all clients billed are eligible for service.
- Complete Case Notes, Logs & Mileage daily.
- 80% of work will be conducted in the community.
- Maintain credentials as directed by the State Board of Licensure.
- Must maintain good standing on student loans (non-default status).
- Managed Care Organizations, Persons Served, Referral Sources (Formal and Informal)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
This position requires knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to:
- Care Coordinator III: This position requires the incumbent to have a Masters of Social Work or other Human Services Field and one-year post experience working with individuals who have a mental health disorder in a community setting.
- Care Coordinator II: This position requires the incumbent to have a Bachelors of Social Work or other Human Services Field and one year experience working with individuals who have a mental health disorder in a community setting.
- CPR/First Aid Instructor Certification is required upon hire or within a brief time of assuming position duties
- Have a desire to work with a diverse population, demonstrate respect for individuals and demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment; requires a demonstrated willingness to be responsive to the needs of the target population.
- Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work some flexible hours is required.
Travels to other locations, as appropriate, in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal
- Current vehicle insurance
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
- Must be able to pass a criminal history investigation.
The employee’s work is performed at various locations where services are provided to persons served. Incumbent must be able to handle the demands of extensive driving throughout the five parishes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled