The Onsite Technicians complete calibrations, qualifications, and preventative maintenance test on inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE) with accurate and timely documentation following customer and/or manufacturer’s specifications. Apply technical products knowledge to support onsite services to calibrate and test IM&TE ensuring measurement accuracy onsite at a customer’s location. Identify and utilize appropriate measurement procedures. Perform corrective actions to address identified measurement problems. Maintain testing standards in all job-related activities. Perform basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and trailer. Effectively communicates with customers and develops client relationships through excellent customer service. This position supports company operations to foster excellence in executing JM Test Core Values, following all system protocols in compliance with those standards (Quality, Safety, NAIL, ISO 17025) regulations and company policies.
II. JOB RELATIONSHIPS
Immediate Supervisors: Onsite Manager, In-house Lab Manager and/or Assistant Lab Manager
Workers Supervised: None
Interrelationships: Works closely with all Onsite personnel.
Education: Must have a High School diploma or GED
Associates degree, technical trade school or military training in measurement science, calibration or related field preferred.
Training and Experience:
· Basic computer skills. Experience using various software programs.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience of 1 or more years in the metrology field with demonstrated knowledge and skills in calibration of electrical, dimensional/physical, mechanical, and optical or thermodynamics equipment is required.
· Initial training will begin in-house in the Lab where the technician will work closely with the Lab Manager, Assistant Manager, and Lead Technicians assigned to specific disciplines to receive the proper training and development in order to perform the functions required. After sufficient in-house lab experience has been achieved, the onsite lead technician will then work closely with onsite Managers and Administrative staff for direction and instructions pertaining to job details and schedules. The onsite technician will also work closely with the Onsite Supervisor and Onsite Lead Technician for further on-the-job-training and assistance in providing exceptional customer service whether out in the field or working from an in-house site.
· If working onsite at a customer’s location, the Onsite Technician must have a clean driving record and be able to pass DISA background, plant security, and drug screens to include urine, hair, sweat, oral fluid/saliva and breathalyzer. Must receive and maintain a current Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of measurement science, calibration principles, related math, physics and electronics principles.
· Knowledge of laboratory high voltage standards used to test insulated Personal Protective Equipment.
· Skill to correctly use and operate equipment being tested and Lab standards used in electrical, and/or mechanical disciplines.
· Knowledge to perform general math, algebra, and statistical equations.
· Skill to use basic computer applications and various software applications.
· Ability to read, correctly interpret, and apply testing procedures.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with work objectives with limited supervision.
· Ability to represent JM Test Systems in a professional manner while providing excellent customer service
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Works primarily in a laboratory setting or mobile laboratory at customer’s facility.
· Ability to sit or stand at a desk or test bench for extended periods (up to 2 hours typical)
· Ability to perform lifting of test equipment unassisted (up to 50 lbs.)
· Ability to perform housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of Onsite Trailer or Baton Rouge works site.
· Ability to work in confined work areas with a group of others.
· Ability to work indoors/outdoors with varying temperatures and conditions
· Ability to drive and ride in a vehicle for long periods of time while traveling to/from a customer’s location as needed or required.
· Ability to sit, stand, bend, walk, and to climb stairs.
V. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL TASK/DUTIES
A. Onsite Calibration Services
1. Receives job assignments daily, verifying discipline code assignment and determining job details and priorities for daily assignments.
2. Assesses test instrument (TI) condition and diagnose or otherwise identify service requirement for TI following client specific policies and procedures.
3. Cleans TI in accordance with instrument specifications mindful of instrument sensitivity, researching information on TI as needed, and performs preventative maintenance tests.
4. Choose appropriate standards and procedures for use in calibration applications. Adapts existing calibration equipment, standards, and techniques to accomplish unique measurement tasks for which they are not principally used.
5. Takes measurements and makes adjustments and repairs to unique TI requirements, calibration inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE) in order to ensure compliance with published specifications in the applicable measurement discipline.
6. Collects, compiles, summarize and records data gathered during calibration, assuring that complete and accurate information is available for all record keeping requirements.
7. Analyzes measurement data to identify abnormalities, trends and/or to predict future values, identifying IM&TE out-of-tolerance conditions and performing corrective actions via adjustments, component replacement, correction factors, etc. Identifies and corrects measurement errors, as applicable.
8. Certifies TI by verifying that the TI operates in accordance with performance standards, maintaining primary, intrinsic, secondary, and/or other working standards as appropriate.
9. Documents all measurements and certifications by recording relevant data and preparing calibration reports and certificates for return to customer along with the TI.
10. Completes all documentation associated with service in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer if necessary so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to the customer.
B. Miscellaneous Support
1. Trains less experienced technicians in calibration concepts and procedures.
2. Seeks and/or requests training to improve skills and service performance.
3. Works with and/or assists the other Team Members.
4. Represents JM Test Systems, in a professional manner while providing excellent customer service.
C. Housekeeping and other duties
1. Cleans, organizes and maintains work area.
2. Requests and/or orders supplies as needed in accordance with Company procedures.
3. Cleans, organizes and prepares staging areas for setting up new calibration assignments/jobs.
4. Transports supplies and equipment as needed to designated locations in a timely and safe manner, and in accordance with Company processes.
5. Performs truck and trailer maintenance and housekeeping as needed.
6. Perform others duties and requests of needed.