HELLO PHLEBOTOMISTS... WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
Are you ready to work with a compassionate team? Do you provide the best in patient and customer care?
If so Heartland Health Laboratories is the place for you! HHL services healthcare facilities by providing specimen collection and testing.
Loving our patients is our top priority and we are actively looking for employees who feel the same way.
Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc.is seeking full-time Phlebotomists in the KC Metro area. This Route Phlebotomy shift is 3:30 AM to 12:00 PM Monday through Friday with weekend on-call rotations. Each phlebotomist is also required to work no less than two holidays annually. The current rate of pay for this position is $11.50 - $16.00 hourly depending on experience. This role requires extensive driving and the use of your own vehicle. Mileage is reimbursed and the average phlebotomist will drive 700 - 1000 miles every two weeks.
HHL provides excellent benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac, Life insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending, and Wellness Programs. If you are interested in the position, please reply to this posting and send a copy of your current resume.
Route Phlebotomist Summary of Position:
Collects specimens from patients at facilities, brings specimens back to the lab to be processed and analyzed, identifies patients and properly labels specimens, completes STAT runs as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
- Provides the highest level of patient care and compassion.
- Provides fantastic customer service.
- High School diploma or GED - Phlebotomy Training program completion, ASCP certified, and/or prior experience preferred.
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, OSHA, and HIPAA guidelines
- Draws blood specimens from residents at facilities utilizing draw list or test requisition, brings specimens back to lab, processes, and delivers to Medical Technologists/Lab Assistants to analyze
- Correctly identifies patient, properly labels specimens, and documents all specimens obtained from each patient’s log sheet in the lab book upon completion of collections
- Works at a fast pace with extreme accuracy
- Calls facilities to clarify orders and answers calls from facilities with questions as needed
- Share in an on-call rotation that includes weekdays and weekends and at least one holiday per year
- Completes assigned phlebotomy STAT runs as needed
- Assures that facilities are stocked with lab supplies as needed
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License with current auto insurance
- Understands the value of teamwork and takes an active role as a positive teammate
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Phlebotomy Training program completion and/or prior on the job training
- Experience with the Geriatric population preferred
- ASCP preferred