Part-Time Retail Merchandise Assistant
Reports to: Retail Operations Manager, Retail Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service and accurately processing customer purchases, for inventory control, merchandising and display of retail merchandise.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing exceptional customer service to our patrons
- Processing guest transactions through the use of a computerized POS system/computer, including handling cash, credit/debit cards, gift cards, coupons, etc.
- Daily operations of SteelStacks Gift Shoppe
- Assisting with inventory control, unloading deliveries
- Placing product in assigned areas and maintaining an organized storage environment.
- Moving product from storage locations to the retail shop.
- Assist in set-up and display as well as take-down, counting, reconciliation and storage of retail and performer merchandise.
- Maintaining inventory levels and a neat store appearance during normal operating hours.
- Assist in physical inventory two times per year.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Availability to work during the hours of Thursdays 4 PM-9 PM, Fridays 4 PM-10 PM, Saturdays 11 AM-5 PM or 5 PM-11 PM and Sundays 10 AM-6 PM for a total of 10-20 hours per week (schedule to be determined based on availability) as well as during festivals and events (times may vary).
- Outgoing, approachable and friendly; ability to smile
- Professional, responsible individual with a positive outlook
- Requires ability work quickly, neatly and accurately and assume responsibility, often without supervision
- Must feel comfortable handling money; cash register experience is required
- At least 1 year of previous experience as a cashier and/or customer service representative in a retail environment or equivalent
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task a must.
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to use a computer and phone.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 10-20 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without assistance.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Strong communicator, excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including staff, volunteers and the public
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach above head
- Ability to see, hear, listen, and speak and understand English; bi-lingual ability a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience a plus.
- Experience in working in a non-profit environment a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required.
- Ability to work long and unusual hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work indoors year-round and outdoors in all types of weather conditions during festivals and events.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation, and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled