Corporate Controller – Spruce Hospitality Group
Spruce Hospitality Group is a Hospitality Management Group based out of Glens Falls, New York focusing on delivering a complete asset management solution for all aspects of the hospitality and service industry.
We are currently looking to expand and hire a Corporate Level Controller to oversee all aspects of our accounting team.
Responsibilities will include the following, but not limited to:
· Manager existing property level controller(s) and all accounting team members while overseeing all aspects of the accounting and HR departments.
· Produce / Report and Review financial statements monthly and annually with above property and on property managers.
· Supervise Accounting staff including coaching and counseling associates to reflect Spruce Hospitality Group standards and procedures, interviewing, training, and evaluating performance of staff.
· Systems administration, G/L account reconciliations, inventories, monthly closings and full P&L responsibility.
· Assist with managing and ensuring GAAP compliance.
· Completing the year-end & internal audit process. Review and approve all reconciliations and audit work papers. Respond to auditor requests to ensure total hotel compliance.
· Prepare all monthly and annual financial statements. Investigate, review, and analyze the variance explanations, involving the department staff in this process. Take initiative to manage trouble shooting for respective cost controls and revenue enhancement.
· Manage weekly payroll processes for all properties and benefit management system.
· Oversee/Manager Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable, Income Audit, Census Audits & General Cashiering for all properties.
· Produce and/or analyze prospective project pro-formas
· College Degree Required
· 5 years or more accounting experience, preferably in a hotel
· Experience supervising/managing team members.
· Prior M3, OPERA, Digital Dining, and Heartland Pay experience preferred.
· Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
· Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line.
· Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
· Must have excellent organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills.