Reverse Engineer who has extensive experience working in the full scope of mobile and applications security analysis. As part of our Product Security Analysis team, this individual will apply their expertise to isolate, research, and exploit vulnerabilities on hardened devices in our mobile device inspection and analysis lab. The Reverse Engineer will be expected to actively analyze security functions for design weaknesses, technical flaws, and system vulnerabilities. They will research new threats, attack vectors and risks, and develop techniques, tools, and exploits to analyze and expose vulnerabilities in various systems. They will utilize their hacking skills and use various tools like IDApro to reverse engineer mobile devices. Part of their job is to use known vulnerabilities to develop exploits and try and break devices to get to the protected data. The Reverse Engineer will continuously look for design weaknesses in the mobile device security stack. This individual is also responsible for documenting their findings and creating recommendations for improved device security.
- Background in computer architecture, system internals, and operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux OS reverse engineering.
- Experience with reverse engineering tools (e.g. IDA Pro, ollydbh, gdb, windbg), hypervisor, kernel-level software, and fuzzing.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems at all layers (boot, kernel space, user space).
- Exploit development; C, Java, or shellcode preferred.
- Interest in information security and cybersecurity.
- Background or interest in research.
- Analysis, testing, and debugging skills.
- ARM experience.
- Familiarity with wireless/mobile technologies.
- Android operating system/frameworks development experience. Bootloader and kernel experience.
- Experience with Android security mechanisms.
- Knowledge of general security principles, protocols, and infrastructures.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on new challenges.
- Familiar with iOS or Windows would be a plus.
- Hardware or embedded experience.
- High level of personal organization, persistence, and attention to detail.
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and 4 years’ experience. Candidates with at least 6 years of strong related work experience will also be considered.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification, or comparable certification.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements.
- Current DoD Secret Clearance is required.
- Willing to travel if needed (~10%).
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.