Syracuse Haulers Waste Removal, Inc. is hiring a Human Resource Manager. This position will oversee and directly manage all aspects of the human resources function, to include recruitment and selection, personnel records, job evaluation, compensation management, benefits administration, payroll, FMLA administration, labor relations and development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Regularly communicate with employees on HR matters.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Hiring New Employees: coordinates recruitment and hiring program, including internal postings, screening resumes, advertising and working with outside resources for the fulfillment of open positions and candidate placement. Works in tandem with the management team in the interviewing and selection process, and administers applicant testing. Prepares and conducts new employee orientation program and new hire paperwork.
- Perform documentation and assist with decisions made regarding termination/separation: meet with supervisor and employees to discuss issues, determine proper documentation, arrange meetings, send out 5-day letter, cobra and other documentation if applicable. Prepare termination of health care benefits, uniforms, and 401k if needed.
- Monitor Employee Evaluations & Raises: monitor evaluation dates for each employee ensuring employees receive standard scores on evaluations, setting up reminders for supervisors, collecting and coordinating evaluations between employee and supervisor.
- Processing payroll: maintaining a payroll database, updating accurate information of employees and ensuring employees receive accurate weekly paychecks. Monitor employee time and attendance to ensure accurate information.
- Managing and monitor company benefits and enrollments, terminations and ongoing issues.
- Managing and continuously monitor unemployment insurance, workers compensation claims, and disability claims, work with HR One Consulting, Inc. on unemployment issues, contact insurance agents to report and resolve issues and sometimes assist with general business insurance issues. Maintain and record OSHA log books and post year-end information.
- Manage and monitor substance abuse policy: coordinate and schedule random drug testing, coordinate post-accident, and reasonable suspicion testing in accordance with the company policy. Communication with employees regarding company substance abuse policy.
- Manage and track FMLA and Worker’s Comp. return to work program.
- Assists in union negotiations and works closely with union steward on all employment matters.
- Respond to supervisor and employee requests for information on a variety of human resource-related topics (e.g., policy rules, benefits, etc.). Provide information, advise and counsel employees regarding all human resource programs. Communicate and reinforce the company’s policies and procedures. Assist employees when in difficult situations that affect their performance or company policies and serve as a liaison to upper management to help find alternatives to help increase employees performance.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in human resources, business management, or closely related field required. Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three to five years of human resources experience required to include FMLA administration and labor relations.
- Five years of customer service experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency including word processing, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-term goals.
- Ability to respond to inquiries and complaints from regulatory agencies and members of the public.
- Excellence in interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and making effective presentations to internal and external top management officials.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Data management and tracking skills.
Syracuse Haulers has an excellent benefits package!
Syracuse Haulers is an equal opportunity employer.