Responsible for making sure that all cooking procedures and recipes are followed according to Black Bear Diner standards.
• Be punctual to begin your work
• Wear proper uniform (black slacks, Black Bear Diner Tee-shirt, hat and black Slip-proof restaurant shoes).
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times, facial hair must be well trimmed, nails must be clean and trimmed
• At the beginning of shift, make sure that all stations are fully stocked for cooking at every meal period, following all food safety and sanitation procedures to avoid cross contamination
• All hot food items must be cooked at proper temperatures, following cooking procedures
• All cold food items must be prepared at proper temperatures, following proper procedures
• All food orders coming out of the printer must be read correctly to make sure that all plates are complete according to the order received, every order must be complete before going out of the window
• Make sure to pay attention to wheel caller for proper cooking items
• Breakfast meals are to be cooked to order, making sure that eggs are cooked properly ie…over easy, sunny side up
• All meats must be cooked at the proper temperatures, steaks should be at the proper times ie…medium well, medium rare, well done
• Chicken items must be fully cooked before being plated
• Follow proper hygiene and sanitation procedures, hands must be washed after handling of any raw meats, use hand towels to dry hands instead of aprons
• All cutting knives must be clean at all times
• Kitchen station must be clean at all times, free of debris and spillage
• Keep floors clean at all times
• Maintain all freezers and refrigerators at proper temperatures
• Conduct a temperature check every two hours and ensure that is properly logged
• Make freezer pulls as directed or as needed
• Report any shortages of food supplies immediately
• Make sure to use safety procedures while in the cooking line
• Responsible to deep clean kitchen line at the end of each shift.
• Make sure to take your breaks on time and return from your breaks on time
• You are required to work over time, if needed
• Complete any other assigned tasks willingly as designated by management
1. Must be able to stand, walk and stay on his/her feet for prolonged periods of time. This could be up to four hours without a break period to sit down.
2. Lift up to 75 pounds at a given time.
3. Be able to perform the repetitive task of line cooking which requires repetitive motion with a spatula on an on-going basis.