There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
Grounds Crew, under the direction of the assistant superintendents, operate light motorized equipment on the golf course and does related work as needed for golf course maintenance department. A grounds crew associate has never worked on a golf course before but may have knowledge of how to operate small engine equipment.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Operates various mowers, string trimmers, edged cart paths, bunkers, sprinkler heads, and helps maintain sand bunkers.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis. Reports equipment problems or failure to the equipment manager immediately.
- Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility, and takes responsibility for cleaning any equipment he/she has used.
- Assists in project work such as drainage, sod laying, preparing base soil, and any other projects that may arise through the season.
- Maintains effective communication and cooperation with all other departments.
- Maintains positive interactions with club members and guests, providing a high level of customer service.
- Performs any and all duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent or other members of the senior management team, as deemed appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the safe and efficient operation of small equipment, hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of safe and efficient operation of small equipment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, sometimes in inclement weather.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.