There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Housekeeping Manager in training, management, and day-to-day operations for the Housekeeping Department
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Able to recruit, lead, and motivate associates.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, fluency in English.
- Highly organized and flexible.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and relate to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Self-starter; able to carry out diverse duties with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of resort and club operations.
- Ability to manage staff, including hiring, training, coaching, discipline, etc.
- Ability to use the online recruiting system for reviewing applications, interviewing, and hiring new associates.
- Ability to create proper documentation for recruiting, coaching, safety, discipline, etc.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments on a daily basis.
- Must be able to effectively clean and reset all guest areas and restrooms in a manner acceptable for a luxury resort.
- Must be able to perform all housekeeping daily tasks including, but not limited to: straightening furniture, dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash, and maintaining restrooms.
- Must be courteous and helpful to members and guests including reporting any guest requests or preferences.
- Must be able to perform minor maintenance and preventative maintenance on site when necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducting inspections of all areas inside the Lodge, Clubhouse, rental properties, vicinity around the swimming pool and hot tub, comfort stations on the golf course and in Lodge, and ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Assisting with management of Housekeeping team including mentoring, coaching, counseling, and training; scheduling associates.
- Assisting with ordering and inventory of all housekeeping supplies.
- Assisting to build an exceptional housekeeping program and team.
- Utilizing TimeSaver software to monitor and approve associate hours.
- Utilizing recruiting system software to post positions and review applications.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop associates for maximum effectiveness.
- Provide seamless associate relations ensuring proper training and culture integration.
- Establish safe working conditions through appropriate training.
- Uphold Moonlight Basin core values, and lead associates to do the same.
- Must be able to perform all essential Management duties when Housekeeping Manager is nor present or is unavailable.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Provide support to other departments during special events.
- Other duties assigned by the Housekeeping Manager and other members of the management team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One plus year work experience within a luxury resort
- Must have intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer
- Knowledge of club/hotel housekeeping operations
- Budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Knowledge of housekeeping service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity, and other expenses
- Two plus years housekeeping experience within a luxury resort
- Ability to understand and communicate in conversational Spanish
- Previous experience in management position
- Position requires walking, lifting, scrubbing, and giving direction most of the working day.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a continual basis and carry materials to proper locations regularly.
- Must be able to stand, sit, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Must be able to climb or balance for the occasional use of ladders and lifts.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.