JM TEST SYSTEMS, INC.
Job Analysis and Description
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Administrative Assistant (AA) provides administrative support and administrative assistance to a unit, department or company. The AA is a key player supporting efficient operations and may be the primary contact for a business unit. He/she assists with the organization of department and provides general administrative support in day-to-day functions as well as performing various duties such as data entry, typing, filing, answering the telephone, scheduling events, creating invoices, quoting equipment, processing purchase orders, processing work orders and assisting co-workers with workloads to support office efficiencies and customer services. The AA attends and participates in regularly scheduled and special meetings with colleagues. This position supports company operations to foster excellence in executing JM Test Core Values, following all system protocols in compliance with those standards (Quality, Safety) regulations and company policies.
II. JOB RELATIONSHIPS
Immediate Supervisors: Manager
Workers Supervised: None
Interrelationships: Works closely with Manager and communicates with personnel at various JM Test System facilities.
III. QUALIFICATIONS (to be hired into the position):
Education: Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Training and Experience:
· Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures; filing, word processing, purchasing.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Works primarily inside a corporate office space on a regular basis. Work involves extended periods of sitting while typing, writing, answering phones, viewing a computer screen and utilizing computer-related objects (keyboard and mouse). Requires standing during filing activities. Must be able to hear and understand normal conversations in person and over phone and speak clearly. Work requires the ability to see near and distant objects, have accurate color vision and depth perception.
Because of the nature of the company, this position will sometimes expose the employee to loud noise, mechanical hazards, fumes, gases and machinery operation noises while moving around the facilities. May be responsible for moving materials and other items requiring pushing, pulling, reaching, carrying, and occasionally lifting objects up to 30 pounds.
V. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL TASK/DUTIES
A. Administrative and Miscellaneous Support
1. Assists with organization of department and provides general administrative support in day-to-day functions.
2. Performs general administrative duties such answering telephone, filing and typing to support office efficiencies and customer service. Forwards incoming calls to appropriate staff members.
3. Attends and participates in regularly scheduled and special meetings with colleagues to maintain open communications and seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
4. Assists with meetings. Prepares agendas for meetings, distributes meeting documents, records meeting notes and tasks, publishes meeting notes on JM Test Wiki, and distributes notes to team members, ensuring accurate and timely records.
5. Assists with procurement activities. Processes purchase order requests for items in accordance with internal procedures, obtaining signature approval, tracking purchases, and following-up on purchase orders as they are filled.
6. Assists with work orders. Processes work orders for calibrated and/or repaired equipment in accordance with internal procedures. Reviews work order status in CalMapp, observing need by date and other relevant information. Follows-up on work order need by dates and adds notes regarding equipment status in CalMapp. Adds work order number to the daily hot list as needed.
7. Assists with invoice billing. Processes incoming work orders / purchase orders / change orders, verifying pricing, purchase order numbers, etc. to assure that all information is correct. Contacts customers as necessary by telephone and/ or e-mail to confirm PO data and to provide pricing information and other quotes as needed (often presented in an Excel worksheet). Scans and saves invoices to the appropriate Network drive folder, and e-mails or otherwise sends the invoice to the Customer’s Accounts Payable department in a timely manner.
8. Assists with equipment quotes. Prepares complete and accurate sales and/or rental quote based on the customer’s needs and consistent with all detailed information, verifying that all relevant information is included in the quotation before submitting it to the customer.
9. Assists with and/or delivers equipment to appropriate departments in a timely manner and with all necessary documentation per service needs and internal JMTS procedures, assuring accuracy of deliveries and documentation. This includes rush and expedited equipment, To-Factory equipment, Lab equipment, new sales equipment and rental equipment.
10. Assists with scheduling training and other events. Reserves event space, procures event or training materials, prepares attendee invitation, and confirms attendee participation.
11. Assists co-workers with workload to support office efficiencies and customer services.
12. Works closely with supervisor to improve operations, offering suggestions for task and process improvement in both administrative and technical areas of operations.
13. Performs other tasks and projects as needed or assigned.