Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Columbia, SC
Housekeeper / Room Attendant
1. JOB TITLE: Housekeeper / Room Attendant
2. DEPARTMENT: Housekeeping
3. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Each Room Attendant is responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of all assigned Guest Rooms, maintaining Brand Standard levels, and observing all Hotel Policies when dealing with guests.
4. EMPLOYEE MANUAL: All employees must have a complete understanding of the requirements of their job. Prior to being assigned to the position, an understanding of the policies and procedures contained within the Employee Manual is mandatory. It is necessary since the person holding the position will be subjected to the rules and regulations listed in the manual.
5. ESSENTIAL TASKS:
a. Change all used linen daily.
b. Vacuum carpets within your section daily.
c. Clean bathrooms to standards daily.
d. Dust all furniture and fixtures including headboards, mirrors, picture frames, credenzas, televisions, tables, etc.
e. Have complete understanding of the proper layout of the furniture and amenities placement within each room type.
f. Be accountable for the guest’s belongings left in the room. Any found items must be turned in immediately to the Director of Housekeeping or Person in Charge.
g. Be aware of any suspicious activities or persons. Report such activity immediately to your supervisor or the General Manager.
h. When working inside a guest room, pull your cart in front of the door to the room, making sure that it is not blocking the hallway. If someone tries to enter the room while you are working, ask to see their key. Report any problems to your supervisor or the General Manager.
i. Follow all departmental rules and procedures in doing your job.
j. Maintain assigned equipment. Empty vacuum bags, check belts, etc. Report any problems with your equipment to your supervisor or maintenance immediately.
k. Be aware of and follow all safety rules and use caution in doing the job.
l. Other duties will be assigned as they come up.
Supportive Functions: In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of the time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the needs of the hotel
- Provide guest service when needed
- Assist coworkers, as requested
6. REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper & Executive Trainer
7. SAFETY STATEMENT: As an employee of Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Columbia, SC, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing your required duties.
8. Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to arrive to work on time, in uniform, when scheduled
- Physically able to move large objects such as carts, large bags of linen, ironing boards, shifting and flipping mattresses
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brooms, and spray bottles
- Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally and in written form
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce cleanliness standards in all aspects of job performance
NOTICE: THE HOSPITALITY BUSINESS FUNCTIONS SEVEN DAYS A WEEK, TWENTY FOUR HOURS A DAY. IN ADDITION, THIS IS A HOSPITALITY BUSINESS WHERE WE EXPECT OUR TEAM MEMBERS TO ALWAYS MAINTAIN A FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT!