Our mission is to enrich lives through the visual arts. Accredited by the American Association of Museums and a member of the Association of Art Museum Directors, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art serves over 125,000 visitors annually from all fifty states and thirty foreign countries and presents exhibitions from prestigious museums throughout the world. The Museum’s permanent collection covers a period of five centuries with strengths in European and American art from the nineteenth through twenty-first centuries, contemporary art, and one of the world’s largest public collections of glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly. The Museum boasts the region’s premier repertory cinema, which screens the finest international, independent, and classic films. Amenities include the Museum Store, the Roof Terrace, and the Museum Cafe, a full-service restaurant, offering lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch, a full bar, and catering services.
Oklahoma City Museum of Art is currently seeing a full-time Building Support Associate to provide general building maintenance support and perform housekeeping tasks as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Facility Manager with public area lighting and HVAC systems maintenance
- Housekeeping and maintenance of the interior of the building
- Maintenance and upkeep of the exterior of the building and grounds
- Maintenance support for all Private Events and Museum Programs
- Moving of furnishings and fixtures at the direction of the Facility Operations Director
- Transfer of furnishings, fixtures and parcels and removal of refuse
- Shipping and receiving of all “Non-Art” materials
- Receive and deliver all incoming mail and package deliveries, advise the Museum Registrar of ALL artifact deliveries
- High School Diploma or equivelent
- 1-year relevent experience
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to operate power scrubber and carpet extractor
- Knowledge of the proper use of cleaning chemicals
- Knowlege of safety procedures and how to use PPE
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
- Ability to maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, bend, stoop, kneel and stand or walk for long periods of time
NOTE: This full-time position requires the ability to work rotating days (7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Sunday) and the flexibility to work some events that may be scheduled after 5:00 pm.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package available
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button.
Oklahoma City Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer