Ensure all linen items meet high standards of cleanliness and are properly presented. Uphold and ensure compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
1. Properly utilize the necessary tools and chemicals to clean articles to property standards
a. Pre-soak, sterilize, scrub, spot-clean, and dry contaminated or stained articles, suing neutralizer solutions and portable machines
b. Examine and sort into basket of articles for laundry or dry cleaning, according to color, fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required
c. Apply bleaching powders to spots and spray them with steam to remove stains form fabrics that do not respond to other cleaning solvents
d. Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches, and other solutions and chemicals to clean, color, dry, or stiffen articles
e. Operate machines that comb, dry and polish furs, clean, sterilize and fluff feathers and blankets, or roll and package towels.
2. Use laundering equipment to safely and thoroughly clean and press linen, keeping the work area clean and safe
3. Start washers, dry cleaners, driers, or extractors, and turn valves or levers to regulate machine processes and the volume of soap, detergent, water, bleach, starch, and other additives
4. Receive and mark articles for laundry or dry cleaning with identifying code numbers or names, using hand or machine markers
5. Start pumps to operate distilling systems that drain and reclaim dry cleaning solvents
1. Previous hotel housekeeping or other applicable cleaning experience preferred
2. Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
3. High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled