The Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for the processing of approved purchase orders and payment of vendor contracts. This position will assure that all financial records are maintained in accordance with the prescribed agency procedures, applicable Federal and State accounting regulations, local, state and federal contract and budgetary reporting requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review purchase orders and match with invoices and payment authorization
- Process invoices by coding accurately according to budget component and payment authorization
- Prepare checks for signature and file supporting documentationGenerate, audit, and file payable reports, as well as, supporting documentation
- Plan, develop and coordinate all purchases
- Order and maintain records of all program equipment
- Review requisitions for accuracy, completeness and prepare and process assigned purchase orders
- Record and maintain records of payment received from families, vendors and community agencies
- Prepare related correspondence, reports, and statements
- Match incoming funds to appropriate budge components and prepare bank deposits
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Finance to provide support and services to meet the Agency’s fiscal goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Develop a full working knowledge of the financial aspects of each program
- Knowledge of Federal and State contract compliance and regulations.
- Knowledge of various software programs such as MS Office and computerized financial software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks often simultaneously with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret and implement complex policies and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in all employee interactions.
- Strong organization, time management, and leadership skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with ability to periodically attend out of town conferences and training sessions.
Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent with three years of accounts payable experience; possess excellent oral, written communication and organization skills.
Preferred: Associate Degree in Accounting or related field with five years of accounts payable experience; and above minimum qualifications.
The following are frequent, repetitive physical demands that typically occur on a daily basis in this role. Physical activities include, but may not be limited to:
X Walking X Standing X Climbing X Lifting ( up to 50 lbs.)
X Stooping X Bending X Kneeling
Salisbury-Rowan Community Action Agency Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled