JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARD – Lead Maintenance – High Skill Level
TYPE OF WORK: Maintenance III- High Skill Level
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: General apartment maintenance experience, knowledge of appliance repair, light carpentry, plumbing, and electrical knowledge, knowledge of safety procedures, safety conscious, steady and dependable, able to work under pressure of deadlines, and ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate after-hour and weekend emergencies. Must have a current journeyman, or above, license in Heating and Air Conditioning, plus significant experience in plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, and general maintenance repairs.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS: Perform highly skilled and specialized HVAC work in various communities.
Continue to organize, coordinate and manage the overall maintenance program of the home community including exterior property appearance, timely work order service, quality make- ready program and cost-effective inventory control of the property. Responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site. Required to be "on call" 24 hours.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose and perform major, minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis.
- Accurately document work performed on the service request, including parts and return to the supervisor by end of the day. Complete renewal service requests in the same timely fashion. Follow-up on completed service requests to ensure satisfaction. Follow-up on incomplete service requests.
- Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff through great "people" attitude and resident trust. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents and other employees. Never confront the supervisor or other employees in front of residents.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete make-ready checklist. Inform site manager of needed services and repairs. Routinely perform duties to restore apartments to "make-ready" status. Re-inspect vacant apartments after make-ready have been completed to determine the quality of work performed. Ensure an adequate number of make-ready units are available and that the products are up to company standards. Coordinate status of make-readies with leasing staff.
- Complete special projects as may be assigned and prioritized by the On-Site Manager.
- Inspect the exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter.
- Assist with the resident improvements as required. Schedule make-ready employees as necessary. Maintain an average of 50% of vacant units made-ready and market-ready on a monthly basis. Ensure vacant units are "trashed-out" within 24 hours of move-out and unit breakers are turned off with the exception of show units and refrigerators.
- Complete or oversee the completion of preventative maintenance. Maintain accurate records and provide resident training as required.
- Order parts and supplies and maintain inventory, utilizing the inventory system. Maintain shop appearance to standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply inventory. Maintain proper equipment and equipment inventory to ensure warranty compliance.
- Obtain bids and negotiate prices, as necessary, with vendors and contractors.
- Coordinate delivery and work schedules with vendors, contractors, and On-Site Manager.
- Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
- Coordinate maintenance objectives with the On-Site Manager daily.
- Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the Company, OSHA and health codes. Perform work area clean-up on a weekly basis.
- Perform HVAC trouble calls and complete HVAC repairs and replacements, as may be needed, on their own or another Implicity Management community, within the guidelines of Implicity Management Company, and the codes and laws as may be applicable.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the On-Site Manager at their home community, who has the primary authority to determine the exact "day-to-day" duties of the technician. This determination will take into consideration the technician’s skills, experience, and career goals, and how they best fit into the operational needs of the property. Works with other site managers, leasing personnel, maintenance staff, property managers, construction division, and maintenance staff from other developments.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Hours of Work: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Must be "on call" 24 hours per day when scheduled. Hours may vary from property to property.
Amount of Overtime: As approved by the On-Site Manager and as needed for emergencies.
Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition. Must have the ability to lift 49lbs. necessary for installation and removal of appliances. Ability to operate all necessary hand tools to make repairs. Ability to kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repairs. Must be able to drive to and from job sites. Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather as may be necessary.
Tools: Must provide own basic tools, or be willing to obtain the required hand tools which are pertinent to this position. Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following:
•Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, grips, sled hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.
•Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
•User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
•Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand powered augers, etc.
•Measuring Devices: Voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, etc.
Transportation: Must have a dependable vehicle to transport tools and equipment to job sites. Must provide proof of liability insurance for same. Valid Driver’s License is required.
Education: High school education or trade school required. EPA Certification required, CAMT a plus.
Pre-Employment Test Scores: Must complete the Implicity Management Company Maintenance Skills Exam obtaining a score of at least 80%.
Residency: Must be willing to live on the property if required. Must meet the qualifications for residency in the community