Tejas Tubular Products, located in the East Houston Area, is looking for General Laborers.
Essential Job Functions
- Check and ensure different heats are not mixed
- Maintain work area in a safe and orderly condition
- Help forklift drivers load and unload pipe and keep rack count
- Stencil and color band on pipe according to work order requirements
- Handle pipe at entry/exit racks and ensure it moves at a constant flow
- Dope the pipe on the ends and put protectors on the threads and tighten
- Direct entry of pipe into pre-heaters when required and maintain fed to the line at a steady and constant flow
- NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform additional related duties, as per management, to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- At least 6 months of relevant experience
- Knowledge of operating equipment and machinery
- Prefer previous experience
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable means of transportation
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Flexibility with the schedule to work 10-12 hour shifts; including availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Position requires being exposed to high temperatures depending on the season. The position also requires being exposed to noise levels ranging from moderate to high.
The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel. crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Paid vacation and holidays, group Health/Dental coverage, life insurance, and AD&D, wellness day, FSA, and 401(k) plan
TEJAS TUBULAR PRODUCTS INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled