The Director of Property Management is primarily responsible for overseeing the resort's lodging operations to ensure exceptional service is delivered to all property owners and guests. The Director is responsible for all property management operations, profit & loss management, leveraging market data to influence business sustainment and new business development; and overseeing lodging strategies and standards that make Rumbling Bald a one-of-a-kind resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate new business opportunities by initiating contact with prospective clients.
- Engage with property owners to resolve concerns, receive feedback and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Direct and manage the day-to-day operations of the Front Desk, Reservations and Housekeeping associates.
- Analyze market aspects and competitive set to establish lodging and room rates.
- Collaborate with Marketing to implement strategies to assist in generating higher occupancy rates.
- Manage profit & loss statements to achieve financial objectives.
- Conduct resort tours to prospective clients or guests.
- Contribute as a member of the management team, participate in management meetings, collaborate on problem-solving and provide ideas for growth and areas of improvement.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have an active North Carolina Real Estate license.
- Bachelor's degree in business or hospitality preferred.
- Prior property management, real estate or vacation rental experience.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to build rapport with property owners, guests, and associates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required; LiveRez or Northstar experience is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; bend; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift 25lbs. Must be able to withstand working in a variety of weather conditions including sunlight and a hot/humid summer climate.
What We Offer:
As Director of Property Management, you’ll receive a competitive annual salary and a robust benefits package. Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and a 401k with company match. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Managing Director, Business Units.
Rumbling Bald Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled