Resort Hospitality Sales Manager
We are looking for a sales leader that wants to grow with us. Would you like to sell a landmark historic resort located in Southern Virginia? Talking to thought leaders driving group business to the 650-acre Berry Hill Resort. Book a Southern Living wedding at the beautiful plantation house. The grounds steeped in Revolutionary War history will entice groups to stay at this 4-star 92 room resort.
Day in the Life of a Resort Hospitality Sales Manager at Berry Hill Resort:
● Prospect and book new and repeat business through various efforts to maximize group room revenue to meet and/or exceed individual sales and revenue goals.
● Oversee business within the assigned segment through incoming group requests and outbound sales. Conducts sales calls as appropriate to book business. Works closely with General Managers to maximize revenue potential.
● Wedding Sales – meeting with brides and grooms to book wedding and event business
● Establish key relationships with accounts, business, travel industry, community organizations and professional associations to generate and increase market share.
● Successfully and consistently achieve minimum weekly sales activities requirements. Track all weekly sales and prospective activity.
● Sales Presentations to Business Groups.
● Meet and exceed monthly booking goals and sales budget. Manage the yield by utilizing minimum expenditures.
● Prepares written correspondence to customers, internal booking reports, and ensures proper maintenance of sales files. Prepares reports such as annual sales plan, monthly sales report, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts, etc.
● Develop new markets and sales strategies through the use of catering standards. Negotiation of BEO's, event planning, and follow through. To achieve highest possible guest satisfaction.
● Continually analyzes market trends and competition, gaining knowledge of local guests.
● Proactively upsells groups to include spa, and amenities.
● Participates in the day to day marketing efforts of the facility, assisting the General Manager, as needed.
● High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
● Sales and/or hospitality experience preferred.
● Must be ambitious and self-motivated.
● Must have excellent personal computer skills, with experience in Google.
● Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management, and follow-through.
● Must have the ability to meet deadlines and handle difficult situations.
● Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
Compensation: Base Salary plus sales commission (expected total compensation should exceed $70,000)
Competitive Benefits Package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance along with Short Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Services Plan, Identity Theft, Group Universal Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Auto and Home Insurance, and Pet Insurance
Monday – Friday
Flexible Office Hours
Must be flexible
Up To Par Management / Taylor Hospitality is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value added services and community relationships.
UP TO PAR Management is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf club and hospitality operations. Currently, UP TO PAR Management oversees operations for 9 properties. UP TO PAR is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for our partner clubs and associates. In addition to our professional management and consulting services, UP TO PAR provides full marketing, sales, and public relations via UP TO PAR Marketing.
UP TO PAR exists to partner for our clubs', hotels’ resorts’ success through a mindset of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardships, that develops and delivers innovative solutions for our customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for our associates.