Under the direction of regular classroom Teachers/Lead Teachers, this position provides classroom support in a cooperative/supportive manner, carrying out developmentally appropriate activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assuming the duties of absent staff by following the job description or daily work plan of the assigned position.
- Assist the classroom Teacher/Lead Teacher in daily activities; following their direction and instruction regarding schedules and activities
- Assist in overall management of classroom behavior
- Assist with duties such as sanitizing/cleaning classroom, nutrition, and bus monitor if needed
- Work cooperatively with staff and families
- This position is also responsible for any and all duties deemed necessary by the Center Director and the Head Start/Early Head Start Director.
Parent and Community Engagement:
- Work in association with the Center Director, Family Development Specialist, or other designated partner to support center-based recruitment activities/plans.
- Actively work to identify and support volunteer efforts/engagement that promote HS/EHS programs and children
Compliance and Reporting:
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with Agency Policy and Procedures, Administration for Children and Families Performance Standards, and North Carolina Day Care Rules and Regulations.
- Responsible for reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (*whether witnessed or made aware of) to immediate supervisor (Center Director) and/or Head Start/EHS Director within one hour of activity.
Environmental Health and Safety (Center-Based Staff):
- Responsible assisting with the operation and maintenance of a safe, clean, healthy and productive work environment.
- Responsible for adhering to NC Sanitation regulations (i.e. floors cleaned, trash cans covered, water temperature maintained, and equipment sanitized).
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate procedure for mixing sanitation solution (*If applicable)
- Demonstrate knowledge of center safety requirements (tornado, fire drills, fire extinguisher inspection, and fire inspections).
- Responsible for following emergency preparedness plan and procedures
Minimum: High school diploma (or equivalent), completed 37.5 hours of volunteer assistance in the Head Start classroom.
Preferred: High School diploma (or equivalent), Credentials I &, completed 37.5 hours of volunteer assistance in the Head Start classroom.
Salisbury-Rowan Community Action Agency Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled